Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
37,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the discussion of drop in triggers for the AR type guns, I was reminded of the shade tree modifications found on YouTube which involve clipping springs and/or bending them slightly, bobbing hammers to lighten them and so on.

Has anybody done this in lieu of buying the drop in or the really pricey two stage triggers. Yes they have their place for serious competition shooting or fine tuning to gain the best possible accuracy, but thinking of the person on a tight budget.

I am going to sticky this thread so that we can contribute tips and tweaks to the AR platform that go above and beyond the fire control group.

Reactions: william

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
How old does a thread have to be before its a zombie? Haha

I have never used a drop in before but I have a "enhanced mil spec" trigger in one. So its just been polished a little. Then I pair it with the joe bob adjustment screw. It breaks clean. I really like it. It has standard springs because its on a 7.62 and I wanted to not chance light hammer strikes.

I just put lighter springs and the screw on another build. Im gonna attempt the "paracord* polish job" on it. I have 2 more mil spec triggers if I mess it up. 👍

Creek

Edit for typo*

·
Banned
77 Posts
Sear stones and a jig does wonders for a standard
out of the box trigger group.

·
Super Moderator
37,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The last complete lower I bought was a pistol version from PSA. I paid an extra 30 bucks or so for the "enhanced" trigger which I figure is just a polishing of a MilSpec parts group. It is an improvement over stock parts. Now I'm trying to figure out if I'm going to keep the whole rig. PS...after the changeover, there have been some REAL zombie threads...this one is less than a year old.

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
The last complete lower I bought was a pistol version from PSA. I paid an extra 30 bucks or so for the "enhanced" trigger which I figure is just a polishing of a MilSpec parts group. It is an improvement over stock parts. Now I'm trying to figure out if I'm going to keep the whole rig. PS...after the changeover, there have been some REAL zombie threads...this one is less than a year old.

Yea, the "enhanced" trigger is just a polished mil spec trigger.

Ps- What change over? I've been gone for a while. Other than the look of the site, did something else happen?

Creek

·
Registered
81 Posts

Ps- What change over? I've been gone for a while. Other than the look of the site, did something else happen?

Creek
I used an ALG trigger in my 1st build, which was just a cleaned up mil spec trigger. It was like $30 so I figured what the heck. On a build I did for one of my sons, I just used an Anderson lower kit with their SS trigger and to be honest, I thought it was better than the ALG unit. Nice clean break w/o any creep or gritty feel.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I too used Anderson's SS lower parts kit and I'm very pleased with the trigger feel. It's on a 9mm pistol build and I kept the mil spec hammer spring to "help" keep the bolt closed until bullet leaves the barrel. (So I've read.)

·
Super Moderator
37,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Creek
There's been a lot of change to the format.

Reactions: CreekFisher

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
nickel boron-coated G.I. single-stage trigger on my Springfield Saint breaks nice.

·
Super Moderator
37,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This seems like a great price on a 3# drop in trigger. . Premium AR-15

·
Registered
91 Posts
If you want a decent drop in trigger relatively cheap check out the hammerhead I think the last one I bought was about $58 shipped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
37,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If you want a decent drop in trigger relatively cheap check out the hammerhead I think the last one I bought was about $58 shipped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is a deal, even at 70 bucks!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts