Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently shot our Stoger couch gun (single trigger model) for the first time. Loved it, but had a problem. Four of four times, I doubled it - one trigger pull, both barrels fired. My problem, not the shotgun as my brother shot it with the expected results. My training and experience, including competition shooting, has me focused on a slow trigger pull and being supprised when it fires. I have never considered the effects of releasing the trigger after the shot.

I can only think that I am "bouncing" the trigger due to the recoil so that the trigger resets and fires the second round. My plan is to get snap caps and try to learn to quickly release the trigger after firing. Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.

·
Administrator
35,504 Posts
That will get your attention ! My Springfield 511 hasn't done that to me yet, maybe your triggers are too close together. Here's to hoping the snap caps help.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the response, hopefully some snap cap practice will help. Just as a note, the recoil was not too bad, but definately enough to notice it.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Hey if you do that again can you take a video I'd like to see that. I shot a custom .75 cal front stuffer that hit like, really hard.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts