·
Registered
24,536 Posts
Makes sense.

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wait.... You don't use BOTH index fingers and shout "pew pew pew" !??!

Creek

No, but chances are pretty good that I am using the index finger on my gun hand and my middle finger of my communicating hand. This is almost always done in unison!

·
22,034 Posts
Very well expressed.

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Kind of. It can be compensated for my PoA and / or sight adjustment and some mechanical changes. Using #2 as an example, for a right hand shooter going gangsta style, does the PoI shift upward? :D

·
Registered
21,110 Posts
Very well expressed.
Who's glands are you expressing?

Sent from an undisclosed underground location by fingerless monkeys using TapatalkI

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
That's a nice chart and easily understood.

·
Registered
36,085 Posts
"pew,pew,pew" is for LASER guns, "pow,pow,pow" is for regular guns.
Well!
Actually BOOM-BOOM-BOOM is for real guns!---------------------------------:lifting:

Reactions: CreekFisher

·
Registered
36,085 Posts
Kind of. It can be compensated for my PoA and / or sight adjustment and some mechanical changes. Using #2 as an example, for a right hand shooter going gangsta style, does the PoI shift upward? :D
That was going to be my question!
does anyone have a grip chart for me as I shoot from the Gangsta position of course using one hand, you should know where the other hand is without me pointing that out.

·
Registered
29,757 Posts
For me it really depends on the firearm. Most of mine I shoot like the first diagram but for a couple I use the second.

Reactions: criderrc

·
Registered
8,620 Posts
Nice, if everyone had the same size hands and every gun had the same size grip, trigger type and trigger reach, but humans and guns being what they are there are probably as many exceptions as there are confirmations to the diagram.

I do not force myself to use the same trigger contact point with my EAA Witness full size 10mm as I do with my single stack S&W 908 (for instance).

With DA triggers, either revolver or first shot with a DA/SA the example #2, way we called "the power crease" can effectively be used especially if one learns to "roll" the trigger finger from top to bottom as the reach decreases, keeping the same straight line rearward pressure.

There are so many physiological and mechanical variations that it makes a "One size fits all" explanation problematical. Jerry Miculek for instance uses jus the tip of his finger on a DA revolver trigger , and I don't feel like telling him that he is doing it wrong.

I would say if is a good guideline for offhand bullseye with a 1911-type pistol however.

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
Using Gangsta style POI shifts to innocent bystanders

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If you shoot gansta style, you will need advanced training:

Reactions: chicharrones
1 - 20 of 23 Posts