Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

As you know I own a 851SS its triger is quite heavy, Ive gotten used to it no big problem for me.
Yesterday I was talking to the security guard at my place of work and He showed me the new revolver He was issued, do not know the model, but it was a bigger frame(service revolver) than the 851, 4 inch barrel, 6 shot cylinder. The triger pull on that baby was a dream! soft continued pull. I began wondering if mine should be the same or not? I have heard that the shop where I bought my revolver receives the disasembled revolver from factory and they put them together, could it be that mine was assembled incorrectly, or the spring from a 357 was mistakenly put in my revolver? or is it normal for small frame revolvers to have heavier triger pulls?

Please advice!

PS Forgot to mention it was also a Taurus revolver issued to the security guard.

Regards,

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
If the guard's revolver was fairly new, that'd make it a M65. Medium frame, fixed sight 6 shot 357, I'm not sure what the same gun in 38 is. I've got that gun with a 4" barrel and the trigger is nice.

I've never heard of a shop getting a revolver (or any gun for that matter) and having to assemble it. The exception to this would be shotguns where they have to mount the barrel (think Mossberg 500 or Remington 870 with the detachable barrel).

I have both a M85 and a M650 and while the M85 trigger is nice, the M65 's is nicer. My M650 is fairly new so its still getting broke in.

Steelheart

·
Registered
37 Posts
Sounds like youy need to order you a set of Wolff springs.
It makes a world of difference.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advise guys, but it is normal then for "Jframes" to have a heavier trigger pull than their bigger brothers? :???:

·
Registered
247 Posts
J-frame S&Ws are notorious for having crappy trigger pulls. K-frame and larger S&Ws almost always have better trigger pulls. My Taurus 85SSUL's trigger pull is fairly heavy, too, but it's controlable because it's smooth.

Bottom line: I wouldn't worry about it. Try the Wolff springs if you want a lighter pull.

ECS

1 - 6 of 6 Posts