Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here's a few changes I've made to my PT111. The 111 g2 is sporting a PT1911 Novak sight on the rear and a 24/7 sight on the front. The rear sight is on an aluminium plate I made from a yard sign. Beware of the dog I think it was. Of course the feed ramp, trigger bar, and any other friction points are polished.

·
Super Moderator
38,597 Posts
Very nice, custom job all the way!

·
Premium Member
8,350 Posts
Nice pistol, but what were you intending to shoot at in Pix 1 and 3?

Reactions: Ralph_Kirk

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
Nice custom look.

·
Super Moderator
38,597 Posts
Now I'm assuming that the slide was a brushed SS when stock?

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
I like it... That's one heck-of-a shine you got there.

I guess I can't see the aluminum plate for the rear sight you speak of... of course I don't have a 111 to compare to.

Reactions: Armijager

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
No, it was just blued steel or whatever black finish they put on it
So how did you get from blued steel to that? Looks awesome by the way!!!

Reactions: Armijager

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Far out job nicest Ive seen. What exactly was done to the surface and what have you put on it for rust protection ?
Nothing was done to prevent rust and it definitely will rust if left to do it but as long as it's in my possession it will never rust because I won't leave it idle long enough for it to happen.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Sandpaper and flitz polish
I wouldn't mind more details on the process. What grit, did you graduate the grit, wet or dry etc. Anything you can offer. I would like to do this.

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
Car wax will keep it shiny, but for finish protection, clear coat Duracoat will hold the rust at bay.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I wouldn't mind more details on the process. What grit, did you graduate the grit, wet or dry etc. Anything you can offer. I would like to do this.
The finish was easy to get off. Blue remover would speed up the process but I didn't have any. The finish on the flashlight was harder to get off. I usually use 320,400, and 600 grit sandpaper then Polish with Flitz or Quixx and rub with my finger and buff with a paper towel. If you look, I have pics of my 1911 also done the same way.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts