Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I believe in training. It's part of being a responsible firearm owner and citizen. Besides trying to shoot on a weekly basis, we seek profession training on a monthly or every other month basis. Our training covers a number of topics related to self defense, home pretection and safety. Both handgun and carbine.

Yesterday, I had a training session and the focus was one handed shooting and one handed gun manipulation. This included moving and firing one handed (think holding a flashlight or you have an injured arm or your moving someone out if the way) as well as fixing malfunctions and reloading one handed.

Fixing malfunctions one handed is the source of the very colorful mark.. A nice perfectly round bruise on the front of my thigh. I practiced tap, rack, ready one handed and the tap was against the front of my thigh. We used other things too, like a nearby wall, etc but the one on the thigh has a nice color to it. Lol. I told my instructor "that's going to leave a mark"; we both had a good laugh.

Just thought I'd share with my TA buds. And learn the lesson... That will leave a mark!

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
We all learn to play with pain everyday. No pain no gain.

·
Registered
25,027 Posts
Good thing to do. Gun training not bruising. Good on ya lad

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
ill Take the training with a side order of black and blue. If you dont already you might look into shooting idpa very inexspensive ussauly done monthly great way to learn and be put under a little stress for practice they have senarios with shooting weak hand and drawing weapon from cover and clearing your home and lots others

jhp

1 - 4 of 4 Posts