·
Registered
6,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
Not that it matters, but from another news source:

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement placed a hold on Cobos-Cenobio.

After all -- statistically, illegal aliens are much more law-abiding than citizens. Except for the ones who aren't.

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
All that shooting and according to this article the shooter appears to be the only one hit, "a wound to the left arm/shoulder." He was standing at the front bumper of the deputy's car, exchanging gunfire with two deputies and he walked back to his car and drove away. More shooting with the Springdale PD and still he's running. No word if the Fayetteville or Arkansas HP did any shooting.

The obvious (to me) lesson here? Get to the range and practice! I know, a situation like this is quite a bit more stressful than punching holes in paper but when the target is literally TEN FEET IN FRONT OF YOU there should be more than one possible hit.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I remember when people respected police officers.That went the way of the nickle postage stamp.The cops need more range time.

·
8,960 Posts
Range time in the small communities around NW Ark and Eastern Oklahoma for police officers, is the occasional qualification in one of their backyards. I do some smithing work for a few small police dept's around here. Recently I had a repair come in, because the very hard working officer had to use his weapon to defend against a perp who tried to run him down. The complaint was the weapon was jamming and shot way to low. The jamming fix was just routine clean and lube. His weapon was a Sig P2340. during my test fire , with no experience with the pistol, my first shot was 3 inches low at 20 yards, the rest were all in the red. So why did it shoot low for him, because he has become so comfortable with the pistol he didn't train with it.

·
Registered
36,893 Posts
Tactical outdoor range time is what they need, a bit of running, sprinting, hiding behind cover, moving, practice vehicle stops etc.
while standing and firing at a hanging paper bad guy is good its not as effective as a more typical police duty requirement.
maybe do a bit of night time shooting , you know with the big old blue lights flashing, and in rain or windy conditions.

Reactions: lwb92af

·
Registered
36,893 Posts
Tactical outdoor range time is what they need, a bit of running, sprinting, hiding behind cover, moving, practice vehicle stops etc.
while standing and firing at a hanging paper bad guy is good its not as effective as a more typical police duty requirement.
maybe do a bit of night time shooting , you know with the big old blue lights flashing, and in rain or windy conditions.

Geez!
just caught a brief portion of the news reporting that I Believe it was Atlanta PD had transferred 35 officers from the city jail to front line duty---BUT---not a single one of them passed the physical fitness section of qualifying!!
so much for this previous post and running and then trying to shoot or moving through and around objects...

Reactions: lwb92af
1 - 10 of 10 Posts