Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

I have an old Remington 1911a1. I purchased it about 15 years ago and is a 1944-45 production gun. I flubbed the gun entirely and had it chromed and added a new hammer and trigger so I guess it has lost it's collectors value. A friend of mine recently offered to trade his less than a month old Taurus PT1911 with only about 50 rounds through it for my Remington. He plans to restore the gun to its former glory.

My question to you guys is would the trade be fair and worth it? I like the PT1911 but am a little loathe to trade my little piece of history.

·
Premium Member
11,247 Posts
If your Rem is still in good working order, I think I'd hang on to it. Have it appraised before you make a decision.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
If in good shape, I would keep that old Rem. You can always dechrome it and find a hammer for it.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
It probably did lose a bit of collector's value but your Remington Rand 1911 is still worth more than a Taurus PT1911. (In more ways than just monetarily) Keep it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for all the advice. I have decided to keep the Remington and maybe just purchase a new Taurus in the coming months.

·
32,737 Posts
Have to go along with these guys for all the reasons already stated. Keep the Remington gun.

Get a PT1911 if you want a carry gun that's of newer origin. Can't hurt to have one of each.

There's plenty of positive evidence here of the PT1911's ability and performance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts