Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me start off by saying that I love my 92 and it has never given me problems at all but.....its just to darned big for my skinny butt to carry during the summer. It shoots flawlessly with all ammo that I have put through it, I am actually pretty surprised at how reliable it has been. Let me tell you another thing, this will not be the last taurus I buy thats for sure. I will try to get picks of the new compact M&P up soon if I can get it them to work(I really don't know how to upload pics to a website) If anything I will update with how much I either like or dislike the gun.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Please let us know what you think of the M&P. I'm personally not a big fan of Smith autos (I love their revolvers), but the M&P looks nice. Are you planning to get a compact model or the full size? I have heard that the triggers take some getting used to, but overall I have heard mostly good things.

Keep us informed...

Todd

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just picked up the compact 9 today and let me tell you it feels amazing. S&W talors to all sized hands by giving you 3 different sized palm swells so it fit better in any sized hand, it also comes with one extended mag that is really comfortable and one flat mag for carry purpose. Another thing is that it has an onboard tool that holds the palm swell on and gives you something to field strip the gun with. The front and back adjustable sights that aquire on target really well, I haven't shot it yet but I will update when I get out this weekend.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Did you trade your PT92 in on it or sell it else where? Kind of curious what kind of deal you got if you traded it. I am glad you like your new toy, always happy to hear of satisfied owners even if it isn't a Taurus. The PT92 is a bit large for alot of people, but I it fits me nicely.

give us a range report when you can :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
The M&P Compact 9mm or the Taurus PT145/PT111 will probably be my next purchase. Unless the M&P Compact .45 that is supposedly in the works is out by the time I'm ready to buy haha. The M&P Compact and the MilPro series are about the only compact guns that even remotely fit me well and are comfortable for me. Grats on your purchase!

·
Super Moderator
35,214 Posts
I like my "M and P". It's the original one, though, a M10 .38 Revolver. :D

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
NativeTexan said:
I like my "M and P". It's the original one, though, a M10 .38 Revolver. :D
I have one of those little gems tucked away in the back of the safe :)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Draeger, I traded it in torwards the M&P. After it was all said and done I got out of there with the M&P for $255, they had it listed for $484 so after tax if I bought it outright it would have cost me about $525 so I got about $281 out of the 92 (Both were taxed seperatly so that worked out well) I wanted 300 for it but he wouldn't budge and he had the best price in town on the M&P so I ate the 19 bucks.

·
Super Moderator
35,214 Posts
Sounds like a decent trade to me. You've probably forgotten all about the 19 bucks, will soon if not. :D

I kinda don't like to make trades. I always miss the gun I traded away. But, sometimes you just WANT something and there's no other way you can justify it. I traded in a little Rossi M971 I liked as an outdoor gun (light on the hip and accurate) for a Ruger stainless Blackhawk in .45 colt I really, really wanted. Don't misunderstand, I would do it over again in a heartbeat, LOVE that Ruger! But, I sometimes miss my little Rossi and wish I had it. I have Taurus .357s to take its place, but somehow I often think about that Rossi. I swapped a Secuity Six for a 6.5" .357 Blackhawk, same deal, love the Blackhawk, still miss the Security Six now and then. Ya jist can't win for losin' on trades, LOL!

·
Registered
84 Posts
wow, you got a great trade in deal on the PT92. There is no way in hell any gun shop around here would give that for one. I recently sold mine for $300 to a buddy of mine and that's the only way I could justify getting rid of it.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah I miss it but I needed a carry gun and it was the only way I could afford to get it without knocking me in the dirt. I would have liked to sell it but I didn't have the time, that gun was so reliable everything I put through it went bang every time. Im going to the range this weekend and you guys will be the first to know how it does.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok guys range report from saturday. I love this gun, it handles well and the trigger is really smooth. I don't have any pictures but my groups were pretty good at 15 yards for not knowing this gun at all, the sights are nice the recoil is very manageable and it doesn't bite your hand like some compacts do. I was also putting rounds into a blown up propane tank at about 45 yards at about 60 to 70%, I think thats pretty impressive for a gun that im not used to, I can't wait until I learn the ins and outs of it so I can shoot it really well. If you have smaller hands and you have been on the fence about buying this gun I would hop off and get it. During the 175 rounds I put through it(WWB 115 and 124 FMJ, remington 115 FMJ, and remington 115 JHP) I did not have one stoppage at all, I was really excited about it. Its a good gun and its really comfortable.

·
Super Moderator
35,214 Posts
Mr. Peepers said:
Yeah I miss it but I needed a carry gun and it was the only way I could afford to get it without knocking me in the dirt.
Yep, I totally understand. :D It sure sounds like a keeper, too.

·
Super Moderator
35,214 Posts
BTW.....WE NEED PIX!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
All I have is a cell phone camera and I don't kow how to upload pictures onto a website. Its sounds kind of stupid for a 22 year old guy now days not to be able to do that but what can I say, I just never learned. If someone can tell me how to do it I would be more than happy to post pitures.

·
Super Moderator
35,214 Posts
I know nothing of cell phone cameras, I use mine to talk on, LOL! Uploading pix, though, ain't tough. You can use this site in the gallery section or any of the free web hosting sites like www.imageigloo.com, which is simple and my favorite. Just upload the image to that site and bracket the URL with the img ezcode command in your post.

I have a duck hunting buddy with one of those camera phones and he don't know how to load from it to a computer, either. Maybe somebody here does and can help. To do it, I reckon you'd need a USB cord to connect and it'd probably show up on your computer as a drive, just a guess, that's how my mp3 player works. Heck, I'm 54 years old and know about mp3 players. GET WITH IT, KID! BWAAAAA, ha, ha! LOL

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I know how to get the picture on the computer I just don't know how to upload to a website, kudos on actually kowing what an mp3 player is though, let alone knowing how to use it. One question though, isn't it kinda hard to get vinyl record onto an mp3 player :) ? Just kidding texan.

·
Super Moderator
35,214 Posts
I buy my stuff from www.allofmp3.com . ;D

Just host the pic at www.imageigloo.com, copy the url it gives you (will end in jpg, likely), and paste it into your post. If you want the pic to come up in the post, you have to use the ezcode buttons or put img in brackets in front of it and /img in brackets behind it. But, just pasting the url in your post will let everyone click on it and see the picture until you figure out the ezcode.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Nice Move -

The M&P is a great gun!!! It's like Smith studied all of the poly pistols that came before and took the best features of the lot of them.

I love my M&P!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts