Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went into the shop that has my para on layaway, they had the remmington r1 1911s in stock and i decided i'd rather have it. so he swapped them over and put the money I had towards the para to the remmington instead

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Nice looking piece - I was originally shopping for a R1 when I bought my Para, so you're like my bizarro twin or something. :) Both seemed like nice guns at the shop, but the Para just felt 'tighter' for me. May I recommend some Pachmayr American Legend grips? :)

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Out of curiosity, why? No judgement, just wondering.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Are you asking me or the OP?
Well, the OP, but I'll listen to your preference too. The "why" is usually interesting, and we all learn something.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
For me, the store had both - the Para was 'tighter' and felt more 'of a piece', but both felt good. I also admit to preferring the Para's skeleton hammer to the spur hammer of the R1. I don't think either is a bad call, but the Para is a touch more modern.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Thank you sir!

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I liked the look and grips better on the R1 and the sights were brighter

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Thanks.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Tough choice! I am jealous as I am currently 1911-less! :( I probably would have went with the Para GI between the two. Let us know how it works out for you.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The remmington was about $75 more expensive, but it felt like a nicer piece in my hand and had a beautiful finish on it. It has a good combination between the original 1911s and the A1 model.

This is my first 1911 and probably wont be my last, After I get myself an AR I will put a nicer gun 1911 on layaway.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Any chance of us getting some pictures? :)

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
when i get it, but doesnt seem like i'm going to bring it home this week.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts