Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since I purchased and started carrying a S&W Shield 45, I stopped carrying my Glock 43. The Glock 43 is a good pistol. I just never truly liked it. Perusing the used section at the LGS, I found this used Sig P225 A1 and traded in the Glock 43.

Firearm Gun Trigger Gun accessory Airsoft gun

This used P225 A1 was manufactured 8/2/2016. Because of all the stickers on the case, I know it was purchased at a Cabela's, but don't know the purchase date. Field strip and inspection indicate that it is highly probable that the previous owner never fired a round through it. No wear marks on the frame rail, slide rail, feed ramp, barrel hood, and no "barrel smile" wear on the barrel.

IMO, the P225 A1 is an "almost Legion".

• Trigger guard under cut.
  • Front grip strap checkering.
  • G10 Grip Panels.
  • Slide stop and decock lever size and closer positioning.
  • Sig-Lite Night Sights.
  • Sig Short Reset Trigger.

The missing details that would make it a "Legion" is the urban grey PVD finish, abbreviated beaver tail, and front cocking serrations.

·
Registered
969 Posts
You know, it took some time for concealed carry license holders to discover the benefit of 9mm single-stack pistols. Consider how long Glock guys waited for that to happen. The SIG P6 (P225) was there all along. The lower production cost of the P239 made it a more viable option, especially US manufacture. Nothing wrong with the P239 and SIG has sold a ton of them. Nothing wrong with a milled slide P225, either. Particularly when considering the price of an original P225 with the 2 part stamped and welded slides.;)

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
You know, it took some time for concealed carry license holders to discover the benefit of 9mm single-stack pistols. Consider how long Glock guys waited for that to happen. The SIG P6 (P225) was there all along. The lower production cost of the P239 made it a more viable option, especially US manufacture. Nothing wrong with the P239 and SIG has sold a ton of them. Nothing wrong with a milled slide P225, either. Particularly when considering the price of an original P225 with the 2 part stamped and welded slides.;)
Agreed on both. Maybe 5 - 6 years back, surplus West German P6's could be had for around $350. I bought one. I detail stripped it, replaced every spring, installed new grip screws, installed new-old-stock grip panels, installed a short reach and short reset trigger. Honest finish wear. It was beautiful.

Firearm Gun Trigger Starting pistol Gun accessory

I gifted it to a good friend who was having a string of bad employment luck during and at the tail-end of the Great Recession. Wish I was smart enough to have bought two of them + another P239 short reach trigger for the parts bin. :)

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Purchased a couple extra magazines and a stainless guide rod for my P225 A1. I decided to make it even more "almost legion" and fitted a P239 threaded barrel. As an Illinois resident, I know that spending the $$$ on a threaded barrel is the height of stupidity because suppressors are illegal in the State of Illinois. I figure since this is a range gun only and I've already been stupid...

Firearm Gun Trigger Airsoft gun Airsoft

I chose to push farther over the "stupid" line with a Tri-Delta 9mm pistol muzzle brake. :D

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
I like those Sigs... I stumbled across the old model 228 a few years back ($300!!!). It rapidly became my favorite. Carried it for a long time. After I settled into the "senior" life- I put it in the locker and started carrying the Bersa Thunder Plus.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Purchased a couple extra magazines and a stainless guide rod for my P225 A1. I decided to make it even more "almost legion" and fitted a P239 threaded barrel. As an Illinois resident, I know that spending the $$$ on a threaded barrel is the height of stupidity because suppressors are illegal in the State of Illinois. I figure since this is a range gun only and I've already been stupid...

View attachment 433115

I chose to push farther over the "stupid" line with a Tri-Delta 9mm pistol muzzle brake. :D
IMO, there is some practicality in adding the threaded barrel. What was a 3.8 or 3.9" barreled pistol now has one at around what. 4.5"? Definitely some ballistic advantages.;)

Reactions: jwc007 and JaPes

·
Super Moderator
20,085 Posts
Well, I’ve got my eyes open for a P239 in 357 SIG. Lots of full size on the shelves but I’m really wanting a compact. I’ve got 2 Glocks in 357 (G22 & G23) but want the all steel SIG in my collection.

Reactions: BigBlue and JaPes

·
Premium Member
13,625 Posts
Well, I’ve got my eyes open for a P239 in 357 SIG. Lots of full size on the shelves but I’m really wanting a compact. I’ve got 2 Glocks in 357 (G22 & G23) but want the all steel SIG in my collection.
Like this one? I added the grips.

·
Super Moderator
20,085 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,625 Posts
I check the prices on the M11A1 a few times a week hoping for a break, but I think I'd be very happy with its single stack 8+1 cousin the P225A1. Both have been hovering back and forth above and below $900. I bought the P239 from Buds as a Sig certified pre-owned about 3 years ago.

Reactions: JaPes

·
Registered
4,054 Posts
I like my 43 ... Great pistol.. But everyone is looking at small ultralight single stack polymer framed 9mm pistols, I recently found a all metal , alumium frame, stainless steel single stack 9mm pistol 8+1 , S&W 3913 LS... .. Pictured here with my Glock 43 with a +2 mag extension as you can see size is close.. I have only fired the Lady Smith very limited. But I must say ,, I can deliver much fast followup shots .. I carried a 5906 for years . So controls on tbe 3913 are the same...
I can see why the Sig appeals to the OP

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts