Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,456 Posts
If you are happy and your friend is happy, it is a good deal.

Personally, you may have come ahead, but only because I would like to get a Ruger GP100.

·
Registered
20,098 Posts
Yeah market-wise the value traded would be in the same ballpark - at least in the 'old' ways...

Both very nice guns too BTW (I'm telling you). :cool:

Reactions: ncfarmer and NYPD

·
Registered
648 Posts
Congrats on the GP100. I have the same gun and love it! I put in a Wolff spring kit and Williams fire sights. have fun

·
Registered
336 Posts
I bought my stainless 4" GP100 new for $550 around 6 years ago. It sounds like a pretty fair trade to me. BTW, the GP 100 is a fine gun - built like a tank, nice trigger in both single & double action, shoots accurately & looks great.

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
Good deal since both of you got what you wanted.

I think I would lean toward the M&P...just like the higher capacity of the firearm for SD.

Both are fine guns.

·
Registered
8,343 Posts
Sounds like a trade I would have been happy with but then again I am in the market for a .357 Magnum at the moment. :)

·
Super Moderator
22,854 Posts
I don't own a 40 cal because I have just about everything else. But I would not feel complete without a .357 its a great SD gun and can hunt just about anything you need to eat. I'd say good deal!!!!

Reactions: NYPD

·
Registered
6,743 Posts
I would say you got a great deal and your friend got slightly screwed.

·
Registered
19,174 Posts
I would say you got a good deal and a great gun.. I love my GP 100..

·
Registered
867 Posts
Great trade! I've been thinking about adding a .357 at some point too. I've looked a bit at the Ruger GP100, and it seems like a great gun. I would agree that the value is about the same for both guns, so you and your friend probably both came out fine. Even if there was a slight price difference, it's always nice to trade something you don't want for something that better fits your needs. I figure if it doesn't work out exactly evenly on paper by doing so, yeah well, so be it. Everyone is happy.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
I'd say pre panic you prolly came out ahead, current values they are prolly about equal. The GP100 runs around 550 or so I've seen M&P's go for as low as 425 or so.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.