Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Let me get this straight, they are making the Tracker in .45 acp... AGAIN!

I wonder if this is really true of Taurus, if so, how about .44 special, .45 Colt in the same shooten iron...those are the better calibers.

TB C45

·
Registered
279 Posts
how did you locate the story on the taurus website. i read what you had posted and then went to the website and cannot locate it. if the link you posted is true then its a press release from may-june of 03,

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Wow...nice :)
That would rival my deepest wish to have a 1911..lol :D
I love revolvers and i spend alot of time outdoors..
Pretty cool article...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
fords4life said:
how did you locate the story on the taurus website.
I found it somewhere else first.

if the link you posted is true
What do you mean true? It is on the Taurus web site. Neither true nor false. It just is.

then its a press release from may-june of 03,
Don't tell me; tell Taurus.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I just checked the Taurus web & didn't see the Tracker in .45cap. I also couldn't get the Gaucho to come up. I wonder if they are discontinued? Frank

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Frank V said:
I just checked the Taurus web & didn't see the Tracker in .45cap. I also couldn't get the Gaucho to come up. I wonder if they are discontinued? Frank
Well if you search for 45 colt, or 45 long colt some of them pop up, but many show discontinued if you check the individual items.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tracker Backer C45 said:
Yeah sure, did we ask you to post
As I recall you begged on your hands and knees.

that mis-information
I don't maintain their site. For that matter, neither do they.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
First off, the article doesn't give a date. The date is in the link, which puts it in the May/June of 2003 in American Handgunner magazine. I did a quick look around and couldn't find the link directly but it does appear to be still on Taurus's server, somewhere. I'm sure that I've got links saved that can't be found on the parent site but still exist.

Many people who like revolvers liked the 45acp Trackers for carry. There is a great load selection in 45acp and the Trackers are easier to carry than the various large frame guns that are in 45acp. Now I'm not knocking 45 Colt or 44 Special but they currently don't have the selection or R&D that 45acp does.

Everyone here needs to stop, take a deep breath and calm down. Yes, posting the link without any additional info wasn't the nicest thing. We do appreciate the articles various members have found. I recall a lightweight M85 one recently from 2000 or 2001 (don't recall right now).

People being a smart ass haven't been helping the situation any either. At first I was just going to post to try and calm this down but after re-reading the thread I decided that locking it worked better.

Gray_Wolf you beat me to it. ;D

Steelheart

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.