Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
They do but it is 45 Colt and 410 so you can shoot either.

·
32,761 Posts
Too true.

Taurus at one time made a .45 Colt set of versions for that.

The Taurus 450 and 450T were 5 shot which were 5 shot snub revolvers with 2" barrels made 1999-2005.
Those were not Trackers.

The model 460 and 460T were the Trackers and in of course, .45 known also as Lon Colt. These were compact frame models, 5 shots, and came with 4" or 6.5" vent ribbed barrels which were ported.

There was also a Tracker 455 model that was in .45 ACP. Those came with 2",4" or 6" ported barrels and moon clips came with revolver. Made 2002-2004.

With the advent and popularity of the "Judge" series taking off like a rocket, Taurus has been loathe to make Trackers in these calibers.

Part of the reason is that the Taurus 445 UL, in .44 Special was brought back for a short run and few sold compared to the popularity of the Judge.

There are a lot of us out here that prefer a good, solid, one caliber revolver that can shoot everything from light loads to barn burner dinosaur dropping loads.
Trackers are strong enough to do that. Too bad there are not enough of us out there or who have sent Taurus a message ( hint, hint, through the Taurus Suggestion Box) by snail mail or by phone to them. The more who do send them a message the more likely they might well hear and do something about this sad state of affairs.

After the Taurus 445, a darn find revolver by all accounts, was considered having snake bit Taurus, Taurus has been turning out Judges by the rail car load as fast as they can. That is instead of one caliber, bit bore, revolvers. Even a big bore revolver that could shoot any .45 ACP or .45 Colt load would be a boon to us gun users.

The other problem is that many neophyte gun buyers are not going to commit to becoming proficient with a big bore, or for that matter, any medium bore to big bore revolver. The Judge gets the nod from them which is much of the buying public. Yes, Judges sell to knowledgeable handgunners as well. That's fine for Taurus. No problem there for them, but for us others? Not necessarily so. I do not begrudge Taurus' success with this. Nor do I begrudge the Judge owners. Not at all. What they want fits them and their needs. No problem there.

I just wish Taurus would listen to us who do not have the money to buy S&W "Classics" or those of us who wish not to buy a high priced revolver of the "N-frame" size.

All we can do is try, pray, and hope.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I got lucky and purchased a new 455, 5 shot, 45 acp w/ 2 inch ported barrel when they were availible and it is now my favorite 45 acp, heck, it's one of my favorite guns, period. Large caliber, heavy bullet at moderate velocity, snub nosed, compact and scarey accurate....I'm talking 5 shot groups where 3 bullets touch, it's one of them that that hits exactly where the sights point. All the tolerances are very tight, the cylinders all line up with the bore when indexed. Anyway, when afield it rides in a holster un-noticed and I have carried it concealed in an IWB holster. If they make any more of these I will buy a second.

Gary

·
Registered
4,054 Posts
Because it makes to much since to produce a great handgun...Now they are more self defense rounds in 45 Colt than ever....

Seems like the powers to be just are not in reality with the American buying public ...take the 450 Taurus ,if you find one used ..you pay top dollar for it..much more than it originally cost...and the same with the 455 Trackers....I wish they would read this Forum..but that would make to much since also....

I have been in marketing in one form or another for 28 yrs. If I had a source to read untainted feedback of one of my products that I was marketing ..I would use it like a Bible..
But once again it would make to much since ...

·
Registered
265 Posts
If you all think it would do any good we could flood the suggestion box with request that they make another run. I'm going over there right now and drop a suggestion in the box.
When I bought my 455 ( 45 acp ) I did so because I was set up to reload 45 acp, if they make another run I would't care what it was chambered in. I can always reload for it. I have setups for 45 colt & 41 mag. , but 40 S&W, 10 mm , anything that starts with 4, even 44-40, or 44 special would be cool.
We can allways hope...Gary

·
Registered
4,054 Posts
The 40 S&W revolver was a sells flop ..because is wasn't built on a 6 shot Tracker 4 inch barrel frame and it should have been 10mm/40S&W !

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My message to the suggestion box is on the way. I can't think of a better carry gun than a 4" Tracker in 45lc.

·
Premium Member
11,265 Posts
I think you'll find that the big bore Trackers will wind up wearing the Rossi name in the future.
Firearm Gun Revolver Trigger Starting pistol

Notice the "made in" line. The Rossi logo only appears on the side plate, and the grip medallion.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I think you'll find that the big bore Trackers will wind up wearing the Rossi name in the future.
View attachment 59479

Notice the "made in" line. The Rossi logo only appears on the side plate, and the grip medallion.
I just saw one of those 5 shot 44mag Rossi at Academy, but it was very heavy feeling for a 5 shot gun. I just looked on the Rossi website, but did not see it.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
CJS3 can you give the year of manufacture on that one? I'm really curious/interested to see where this "union" of Rossi and Taurus might lead! Maybe Buckeye will get that 10mm Rossi Tracker after all...needs that unfluted cylinder Rossi did on some of those older Rossi 44 Specials. :thumb:

·
Registered
320 Posts
My message to the suggestion box is on the way. I can't think of a better carry gun than a 4" Tracker in 45lc.
I do believe that would be an excellent firearm.

·
Registered
606 Posts
I'm not in the market for a 450/455/460 but I happened to see this New-Old-Stock 460 Titanium while on Gunbroker this morning. I just had to check out the weight per Taurus' website and they state 28.2oz...seems mighty light for a bigger revolver like that, but being Titanium I'd guess they could get it that low.

Taurus Titanium 460 tracker NIB 45 LC : Revolvers at GunBroker.com

I just listed this for those of you who maybe interested in such a firearm, as it does look its in nice condition.

But if anyone here buys it, you have to post close-up pix so we all know how nice it actually is, and that the transaction actually happened.

Note: I don't know the seller, haven't seen or inspected the revolver, don't care if it sells, and any other disclaimer I should be posting! :icon_ deal:

·
Registered
8,061 Posts
The first Taurus I ever bought was a Taurus 460 Tracker with the 6" barrel. That gun made
me a believer in Taurus firearms. It was very accurate and reliable. I now wish I hadn't
traded it in when I got my Raging Bull. I love my Raging Bull but I should have kept that
Tracker too. I bought it at a gun show and I can thank that gun for turning me on to
Taurus firearms, this website and the fine people here. (It's almost enough to bring a tear
to my eye thinking about that Tracker;))

·
Registered
147 Posts
I had a 4" Tracker .44 Mag. for awhile. It was a nice gun, but it would lead a bit. I firelapped the bore & that stopped than.
I thought I needed something else & sold it. I've thought of that easy to pack gun a number of times since I sold it.

·
32,761 Posts
I just saw one of those 5 shot 44mag Rossi at Academy, but it was very heavy feeling for a 5 shot gun. I just looked on the Rossi website, but did not see it.
Rossi never had the .44 magnum in that guise advertised in the media (don't include Academy in that), at their site, or in the catalog.

·
32,761 Posts
View attachment 59479

It would be a way for Taurus/Rossi to check the market. Since the .44 magnum version did well and seems to still do well why not the other calibers?

·
Registered
880 Posts
I would be up for either the 450 and or a 4 inch tracker 45 colt with interchangeable cylinders 45 colt and 45 acp

1 - 20 of 34 Posts