Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just acquired a Taurus Tracker in 41 Rem Mag. Based upon posts here and elsewhere, I decided to check the cylinder clearance. As best I can tell with feeler gauges, the gap is about 0.006 inches on the right side and about 0.002 on the left. I checked a S&W 686 and found it to be pretty symmetrical, about 0.006 all the way through. I also checked a S&W 629 and it was about 0.008 on the right and 0.006 on the left.

Is this information significant and if so, what does it mean? Just that the barrel was not finished square? That the frame is bent? Or what?

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
frame might not be bent could be the cylinders crane is loose or something.

dunno if this a safety hazard or not.. i would'nt think it to be to serious since revolvers are kinda loose in that area anyway thats why there is a forcing cone because the design does'nt allow it..

but im sure someone who knows more about wheel guns can chime in on this.

EDIT: i should really read my own posts what i meant was thats why there is the forcing cone to give the gun some tolerances unlike a semi which is chambered in the barrel itself the revolver has to jump a gap.. the chamber is basically a moving part so it's almost impossible to line it up perfectly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts