Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a used Tracker with ported 6 inch barrel. Funny thing was I compared it side by side with a new 627 6" that didn't have the ported barrel. I was concerned about how the cylinder would lock-up, if that's the term. At any rate I could find no difference twixt the two so I settled on the used one which was more than $100 cheaper. It's clean as a whistle and doesn't look like it was even fired. No discoloration on trigger, which for me, is a giveaway. Anyway attached is a picture of my new shooter:

Tracker_6p.jpg

·
Registered
24,854 Posts
You made a good choice. I have the same gun and love it.

·
Premium Member
10,104 Posts
Nice revolver, I would have made the same choice about the porting.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any suggestions for a belt holster for the Tracker .357 627-6?

·
Registered
7,163 Posts

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
VERY nice, i want one too

·
Registered
9,585 Posts
Oh - love that 627 - I have one on my bucket list! thanks for the picture - let us know how it shoots!;)

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I just bought a used Tracker with ported 6 inch barrel. Funny thing was I compared it side by side with a new 627 6" that didn't have the ported barrel. I was concerned about how the cylinder would lock-up, if that's the term. At any rate I could find no difference twixt the two so I settled on the used one which was more than $100 cheaper. It's clean as a whistle and doesn't look like it was even fired. No discoloration on trigger, which for me, is a giveaway. Anyway attached is a picture of my new shooter:

View attachment 55786
Are you saying that you saw a Taurus model 627 with an UNported barrel? Or am I just not reading that right.

Coop

·
Registered
66 Posts
I love my 627. The long ported barrel makes it so nice to shoot that even my kids can easily shoot it when we go to the range

1 - 12 of 12 Posts