Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at a Tracker 627 , looking at the serial number ( GT 807785 ) i think the gun was built in 2013 and was imported in Australia in 2014 , the gun is brand new but does not have any barrel porting like other trackers i have seen photos of, can anyone shed any light on what model this could be or did they offer two versions , ported or unported

Cheers

·
Registered
7,162 Posts
Does the gun say TRACKER™ on the left side of the barrel? Does it say 627 on the frame after you open the crane/cylinder? If it does not maybe you have a model 66.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
According to the original importer it is a tracker 627 ( by referencing the serial number )
I dont have a photo of the left side unfortunately
Tracker.jpeg

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
That serial number doesn't even show up on the Taurus model search which is odd. Nice gun though!

·
Registered
7,162 Posts
Is there a Taurus® Australia website to check?

·
Registered
545 Posts
I wish my 4” Tracker didn’t have ports. They are loud. I don’t think a gun that heavy really needs them but, I don’t know for sure. Just my opinion for whatever that’s worth.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Will the cylinder hold 6 rounds or 7 rounds?

A Tracker 627 will hold 7. The 66 holds 6.

Also appears to be a six inch barrel?

Here is the current 6" 627 from the Taurus website. The three slots (I am sure that is not the right term) on top of the barrel appear to match your picture.

·
Registered
7,162 Posts
Will the cylinder hold 6 rounds or 7 rounds?

A Tracker 627 will hold 7. The 66 holds 6.

Also appears to be a six-inch barrel?

Here is the current 6" 627 from the Taurus website. The three slots (I am sure that is not the right term) on top of the barrel appear to match your picture.

​Vent Rib

1 - 10 of 10 Posts