Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard rumors that Taurus is going to start manufacturing the Tracker 45acp again. Does anyone know anything about this?

Related question. I have been searching for a used 455 with no luck. What is the revolver with the closest look and feel to the Tracker 45?

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
To my knowledge there is not. The Smiths are on a larger frame. I own and have owned several Smiths over the years. The Tracker in 45 acp is a smaller frame and only 5 shot. The size and weight difference of the Tracker is worth giving up one round for to me. The Trackers have also been more accurate from the box than even the Target Smiths. The size difference will probably give the Smiths a longer life if you are a high volume shooter. The Tracker cost me less than 1/2 what a high grade Smith cost so I bought 2. That should even things out if the Tracker life is shorter. As far as shooting I would not trade a Tracker for a Smith. Mine are more than accurate enough to hunt small game well past 50 yards.

·
Registered
339 Posts
i would think a 405 would feel the same.

they have a lifetime warranty, if you wear one out Taurus will fix or replace it.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Probably the closest pistol to the 455 is the 44 Tracker and shooting .44 specials out of it.

I'm patiently waiting for the 455 to come back and make it a 4" SS. :)

MikeyB

·
Administrator
35,507 Posts
LOVE my 455 snubby. I hope they start making it again so you guys can have a shot at one. :)

·
32,613 Posts
The Taurus 445 in .44 Special would be in the same category. So would the Taurus 441 or 431 that shoot .44 Specials as well.

This time of year seems to be a bit hard to find anything online.

The gun auction sites' inventories have been going down for the last 5 or 6th months.

A lot of guns that were online in goodly numbers are now impossible to find or very hard to find.

That may change in a few months.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts