Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone knows if the Tracker 44 grips interchange with any other Taurus revolvers???? Trying to find wood grips for my Tracker just for looks. Just something about wood and gun metal that appeals to me.:cool:

Sent from my Droid Razr using my trigger finger.

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
I have searched for wood stocks for my Tracker 41 and 44. There is an outfit in Germany that makes some really nice ones. They are very high end. I personally contacted Herretts in Idaho and Hogue in California. Herretts stated that they have never made a stock for a Taurus and probably never would. Hogue stated that the design of the Tracker grip frame and the recoil of the cartridges prohibited them from offering wood grips for Trackers; they couldn't make them strong enough to stand up. I'm still looking. I am in contact with a local custom wood butcher that seems interested in trying.
I have and use Herretts and Hogues on many hand guns; I like them. Wish they could do better for Trackers.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Just today I put some Hogue Monogrips on mine after searching in vain for some wood grips. Tap on pic for clearer view.
Think I'm gonna like these!

Sent from my Droid Razr using my trigger finger.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I tried the Hogues on my Trackers and do not like them. The finger grooves just don't fall where my fingers go. I have returned to the ribber grips. Yes they are squirmy but they fit my hand.

·
Premium Member
11,235 Posts
I just bought the Rossi 44mag, which is in fact the discontinued 44 Tracker snubby. Just put on the new Tracker/Judge Pachmayr grips. If you have large hands, these might be worth trying out.

Rossi 44 Magnum.JPG Rossi 44Mag with Pachmayr grips.jpg
before and after

1 - 6 of 6 Posts