Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a .44 mag Tracker with a 2 inch ported barrel, Hi-Viz style front sight and has ribber grips. I cannot find this gun in the Taurus catalogs and wondering if it is a 2005 model? Purchased mainly for .44 Specials as guns in this caliber are getting harder to find and more expensive.
The lockup and trigger action is one of the best I have found on any of my Taurus revolvers. LIsted on the case as M44C 2" Tracker. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Greetings

I just happen to own the same Taurus, and carry such almost on a daily basis. Very easy to shoot from mild to wild loadings.

I almost forgot to add, that when ya shoot them wild loads, you done know'd you touched off the hammer of Thor ;D But iffen you just practice with them mild loads it feels more fun to shoot. My carry load is a 240-gr JSP movin about 800 fps, to me that is plenty of smackdown. But for the woods carry its a full 300 gr load over 21.0 gr of H110 ::)

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
I suspect that the 2" is/was a special run for a distributer. Did you guys get them off Gunbroker as thats the only place I've seen them.

Steelheart

·
Registered
34 Posts
I decided to call Taurus USA and speak with customer service to ask the question..... ???

The answer to your question as to why the 44 Tracker in 2" was removed from production by Taurus is simply because it did not sell well enough to warrent further production.

The only model that is still in production in a 2" is the Model 415SS2C in .41 Mag which by the way is not a bad caliber either.

I hope this helps.....

If you are looking for another 2" 44 mag Tracker call Taurus and they can tell you who they last shipped one to.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just purchased mine at the local gun show last week. The dealer selling them has a display so big that he rides as Segway inside the booth. They have so many guns that I am sure they pick up odd lots also. Not sure if $350 was a bad price or not but I've wanted another 44 mag for quite awhile. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
34 Posts
stromin29 said:
I just purchased mine at the local gun show last week. The dealer selling them has a display so big that he rides as Segway inside the booth. They have so many guns that I am sure they pick up odd lots also. Not sure if $350 was a bad price or not but I've wanted another 44 mag for quite awhile. Thanks for the info.
If you paid $350.00 for it you did real good.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
J_B said:
I decided to call Taurus USA and speak with customer service to ask the question..... ???

The answer to your question as to why the 44 Tracker in 2" was removed from production by Taurus is simply because it did not sell well enough to warrent further production.
:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

I don't think it was ever listed online. And I didn't see it in the 2006 print catalog. Still want one but still not sure which barrel length I want. Maybe once I get my soon-to-be ordered AR & accessories paid off.

Steelheart

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
A 44 tracker is on my list but I moved up an AR-15 to top priority. I'm likely to be able to get a revolver next year but I'm not positive about an AR. Plus I'll have to have all the accessories (mags, ammo etc) paid off first.

And I'm still undecided between the 2" and the 4". I haven't had good luck with the fiber optic sights but don't really want to spend a bunch of money to get them replaced on the 2". But I'm likely to carry it more often than the 4".

Steelheart

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
J_B,
Do you have an idea of year date-2005, 2006. I weighed mine on the postal scale at work and it weighed 31 ounces. Fairly heavy for a snub. Hope it helps a little taming recoil. Currently have 200 grain GoldDots in .44 Specials and 240 grain GoldDots in .44 Mag from Georgia Arms. I have heard good and bad about Georgia Arms, but I have always had a positive experience with them and the pricing is better than I can find on line. Thanks for any info.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts