Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have lost the small spring that goes on the end of the ejector rod
(item #7 on schematic). Not the larger one with the collar that's in the cylinder.

called Taurus last week, gave them my serial number and model They said the spring was in stock and would send one.

The one they sent is about as long as he gun and completely goes over the ejector rod. Paperwork say its for a mod 45SA. Definitely not right one

Does anyone know where I may be able to get one other than Taurus? I am calling them now again to see if I can right one.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Gun springs have their own physics laws.
1. Lost gun springs are no longer on this planet.
2. They are like snowflakes in that no two are exactly alike.
3. Turning a spring around may get a gun working for no apparent reason.

Suggest you look for a replacement in two locations:
1. The spare springs box of a local well stocked gun smith.
2. Ebay. Be prepared to buy more than just one spring.

Happy hunting.
Dave...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got hold of Taurus CS, the friendly rep confirmed I was indeed sent the wrong part. He verified the correct part and had it re-sent to me, keeping fingers crossed!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got hold of Taurus CS, the friendly rep confirmed I was indeed sent the wrong part. He verified the correct part and had it re-sent to me, keeping fingers crossed!
Well, off to hardware store; second spring is no go as well. Its like the rear spring with the collar.

·
Registered
36,085 Posts
Well, off to hardware store; second spring is no go as well. Its like the rear spring with the collar.
WELL yea but Consistency does deserve some credit now!!-------------------:bang:
Bet the third or fourth time would be the charm!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WELL yea but Consistency does deserve some credit now!!-------------------:bang:
Bet the third or fourth time would be the charm!
I mic'ed the rod, where spring goes Its .155 or just under 4mm so I ordered a Wolff misc spring pack metric size and will make my own.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I mic'ed the rod, where spring goes Its .155 or just under 4mm so I ordered a Wolff misc spring pack metric size and will make my own.
I just sent same gun back yesterday (they already received it this morning) as the extractor spring/collar was slipping on the rod so the extractor wasn't springing back closed. I think the actual issue is the collar that goes into the spring is worn so it slips. Didn't feel like taking the chance of getting wrong collar.

They sent me a couple (wrong) springs so I just decided to send back the gun and let them have it on hand to diagnose and fix.

Will let everyone know how long it takes this time.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:)They received 44 yesterday about 11:00 am EST. Shows up today on their website as recieved, awaiting repair

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:)They received 44 yesterday about 11:00 am EST. Shows up today on their website as recieved, awaiting repair
Its back home. With Christmas and New Year holiday I am OK with time.

They replaced the extractor. Works better than when it was new. Seems to have a stronger spring and snaps back a lot better and positively than I ever remember.

Will range test it Saturday.

·
Registered
7,563 Posts
Glad to hear it's back home.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Put about 200 rounds through it (150 44 special and 50 44 Mag); shot splendidly as always (its always had a very nice trigger) and the extractor worked flawless. The spring seems stiffer (so its a more positive snap back) than I recall when new.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts