Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
35,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Tracker 44 mag looks like a great gun, but just going by my old 40-something year-old eyes, it looks like a longer/heavier bullet would not allow the cylinder to swing closed - is this just my imagination, or is the fit just a little on the short side? Thanks !!

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
You're not seeing things.... some of the heavy loads from Buffalo Bore or the hard cast ones from Cor-Bon will not fit in the Tracker cylinder. But then again, you wouldn't want to shoot those from the Tracker anyhow. Any standard .44 Mag round will chamber just fine though. My rule of thumb with the Tracker .44 is to stay at 240 grains or less and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I'm kind of like NYPD in AZ, I look at the Tracker as a beefy .44 Special that will handle magnums if need be. It is extreemly portable & fun to shoot. Frank

·
Administrator
35,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Whoa - I'll bet that stuff is FUN to shoot...... :shooter:

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have fired the Buffalo Bore out of my 61/2" Raging Bull. Very stout load but very manageable thanks to the RB design. I would hate to try this load in a Ultra-Lite model.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Gray_Wolf,

Once you click the link and scroll down it also mentions the Taurus Raging Bull. I'm uncertain why it's not mentioned on the exterior of the box along with Rugers and Dan Wessons. No mention of it being safe in the S&W 29 or 629 however.

"330-GR SUPER-HARD-CAST GC LONG-HAMMERHEAD AT 1400-FPS

THIS 44 MAGNUM AMMO IS RECOMMENDED FOR USE IN RUGER AND DAN WESSON DOUBLE-ACTION REVOLVERS, AS WELL AS THE TAURUS RAGING BULL. IT IS ALSO RECOMMENDED FOR THE GARY REEDER 5-SHOT ULTIMATE 44 MAGNUM, AND THE JOHN GALLAGHER CUSTOM LONG-CYLINDER RUGER SINGLE-ACTIONS. THIS AMMO SHOULD BE FIRED ONLY IN THOSE RECOMMENDED REVOLVERS! "

·
Registered
178 Posts
Taurus_9mm, Wow I have shot the Tracker with Magtech 240JHP .44Mag ammo & I don't even want to shoot it with the Garrett. I shot it at night the other night at the range while watching the moon eclipse & wow what a fireball. Frank

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Frank V,

240 gr. fodder out of a Tracker .44 would be as heavy as I'd want to go as well. :) The Garrett ammo should be a match made in heaven for the Raging Bull .44 though. The only downside is it's $75 for a box of 50. A little hard on the wallet. OUCH. ;D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts