Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to find any and all info on this model while I await delivery of mine from Cabelas: Tracker 17HMR, blued, 6 1/2 in barrel. Especially interested in problems associated with ejection difficulty due to neck expansion. Is this mostly an issue with semis or also with the revolvers?

Much appreciated

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reactions: 30carbine

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
I like the blued better than the SS on this one, (something about the grips with blued look better to me). I really like 17HMR if my name wasn't 30carbine it would be 17HMR.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
New to 17hmr and really looking forward to the new Taurus

I have 22 LR , 38 spl, 9 mm in pistol/revolver, 308 rifle and 20 GA,12 GA in shotguns.

Only 1 Taurus so far in 38 spl Model 85 2"- over 20 yrs with never a single issue.

The rest are Browning, Beretta, Ruger, NE Firearms, Remington, Mossberg- all great too!

One of my pals just got an old Win 1894 in 30 cal and is restoring it- can't wait to shoot it- pre war manufactured

·
Registered
8,796 Posts

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
I've got the 6.5' SS - it's packed in truck ready for a range trip in the AM. Initial range trip posting http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/t...rus-tracker-992-22lr-22mag-3.html#post1554902
Terrible day with ammo - nothing but problems with (55 rds.) Win HV Varmint 17 gr. - misfires, some difficult to eject. Jamming on double action. Changed to (50 rds.) Hornady V-Max 17 gr., no problems at all. Change back to Win HV and same old same old, misfires, jamming. Back to Honady V-Max and no problems ...................EXCEPT................. I have (5) boxes of (50) Win Varmint and no more Hornady. LOL When there's no problem a fun gun to shoot.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Announcement:

I got nervous and cancelled my request for the Tracker 17 HMR at Cabelas.

I suspect, not being in any way an expert, that there are some tracker 17's out their with bad cyclinders- should be an easy fix because there are many of you reporting excellent characteristics with this gun too.

However, I bought something else already: Ruger Single-Nine in 22 WMR. 22 mag ammo is getting harder to find, especially compared to .17HMR which seems to be more plentiful, but the cowboy style revolver shoots like the dickens.

Thanks to all who tried to help me out- much appreciated

1 - 9 of 9 Posts