Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While at the gun shop today I got a chance to fondle a PT1911 SS and thought it would go nicely next to my blued PT1911. Originally, I was kind of leaning towards a 1911 GI from Springfield. I also feel that I should be able to get the PT1911 SS for less than than the asking price of $639.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Schlemer,

Do you have any other shops nearby with which you can compare prices? I'm wondering due to the fact I have 2 shops I frequent and both are close on some things in price while somewhat far apart on others. For example, the one I ended up buying my blued PT1911 had it for $500 while the other wanted $550. However the shop that had the more expensive PT1911 sometimes has better deals on other things, like Rugers for example.

I've seen stainless PT1911s anywhere from $590 to $650 but these were all on online sites. Shopping around I'd think you could find the PT for a little less than $639 though.

·
Registered
959 Posts
There kind of a hot item... so you have to pay to play... and if you want one with a Rail...!!! thats really HOT, and 40 bucks more if you can find one...

Have some fun~See if you can get it for $550 or less
http://gunsonthenet.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=89188421

See if you can get it out the Door for that $639 total... that would put it pretty close to what it would take to bring a online total home... also remember that Taurus Jacked up the RETAIL Price from what they said it was going to be $469 they lied...<:-((

TAURUS PT1911 .45 ACP PISTOL IN STAINLESS STEEL $579.00
http://www.rrarms.com/catalog.php?prod=G1191109

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do have other shops around, but they are quite a drive. I'm located in the NE part of PA and i usually wait to go to the gun show because of all the one stop shopping that can be done. The shop I was quoted the $639. is over in Whitehall (Army/Navy). As of late I have not been to happy with them, so I would rather try to find a better deal elsewhere.

While I was there, they actually happen to have every gun that I was interested in. I got to try the PT1911 stainless, a new Ruger SR9 and PT92. I really wanted the PT92, but it was too big for my small hands. Truth be told, the guns that fit me the best are my PT1911B, mil pro 111 and 24/7 (.45).

The SR9 is really nice and I am hankering for a new 9mm (ever since I sold my P89 I've been wanting another range gun). The PT1911 ss is just an indulgence (basically an itch that needs to be scratched). But a real nice one at that.

I also got to look at a CZ75B, also in 9mm. This is one of my all time favorites, but I find the trigger to be a wee bit of a stretch for my index finger.

So that's my story. Too many good choices and not enough $$$. It sucks being impatient.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Done and Done. I went to a gun shop in Emmaus today and found the prices to be a bit high. So before picking up my daughter. I made a pit stop at the shop I normally go to. As I was browsing the shelves. The owner informed me that she had received some new pieces in today. One happened to be a Taurus PT1911SS. Once that puppy was place into my hands, I knew immediately that she was coming home with me. The owner knocked off $20 from the other shops price and I said ring it up. It's mine. Could I have gotten it cheaper somewhere else, maybe.

Truth is, I love the mom and pop gun shop I frequent and the cost is usually within the same range as her competitors. They always try to do right by me and I love the atmosphere.

On a side note, she also let me fondle the Springfield 1911 GI. It didn't thrill me. I guess I'll never be a 1911 purist ;)

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Congratulations on adding your 2nd PT1911 to the collection. Of course you know we'll be expecting a range report in the near future. :D

·
Registered
959 Posts
Happy for you schlemer... We all know is the Bullets that eats "OUR" Lunch money over time...<:)) Buying the Gun you want, works out to be the Best Price over time...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts