Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
29,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So with the departure of Jeremy Clarkson will Top Gear be cancelled, or will they try and replace him?

The show has great ratings from what I read so I bet they will try the latter rather than the former. But who knows.

For those who haven't heard, Clarkson allegedly punched a producer because the hotel they were staying at stopped serving hot food and he wanted a steak. I am betting there is more to it than that.

Personally I liked him because he could be bombastic and offensive.

I know we do have some fans here, what do yall think?

Top Gear Live shows cancelled as Jeremy Clarkson's future thrown into further doubt - Telegraph

Reactions: WartHog354

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
I'll miss those cheeky buggers.

·
22,300 Posts
The show will die. I'm betting (hoping, actually) that the three of them will hop to another network to carry on together.

If you aren't familiar with the show, here's a sample.

·
Registered
29,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i liked the Uk topgear.. the American top gear sucked bad! i also liked Clarkson...Im not sure they can replace him.
I think I saw 10 minutes of the Americans and thought... No thanks! :D

·
Registered
29,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The show will die. I'm betting (hoping, actually) that the three of them will hop to another network to carry on together.

If you aren't familiar with the show, here's a sample.

I'd love to see that as well. Can you imagine them on a cable station in the US, with less restrictions than they have on BBC2?

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Yeah! A car show that my wife watches as well.

Jump networks - keep it going!!! :D

·
Registered
4,792 Posts
Hitting a member of your crew is never acceptable behavior. Yes, the producers will try to continue the show with another talent. I hope they succeed!

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
I'm deeply saddened by this. I think the show will tank without him . . . U.S. version? No thanks.

·
Registered
29,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My favorite quote from the video below is when James May say about Clarkson: "As much as I think he's a knob, I quite like working with Jeremy" :D :D :D

·
Registered
29,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Super Moderator
13,819 Posts
I rather hoped the BBC show would continue until they ran out of ideas, or just aged to the point where they wanted to retire. I didn't know just how many blunders Clarkson had committed until I read the linked story. I really like the show, and hope it continues with all three presenters.

I'm slightly incredulous that BBC would consider cancelling a top rated television show like Top Gear over this. American networks would find a way to quietly slap his wrist, while spinning the whole event in their favor, all in an attempt to garner as much publicity as possible in order to gain more viewers. And so...I wonder, is this what our friends, the Brits, are doing?

·
Registered
8,620 Posts
I rather hoped the BBC show would continue until they ran out of ideas, or just aged to the point where they wanted to retire. I didn't know just how many blunders Clarkson had committed until I read the linked story. I really like the show, and hope it continues with all three presenters.

I'm slightly incredulous that BBC would consider cancelling a top rated television show like Top Gear over this. American networks would find a way to quietly slap his wrist, while spinning the whole event in their favor, all in an attempt to garner as much publicity as possible in order to gain more viewers. And so...I wonder, is this what our friends, the Brits, are doing?
I think much of Britain is concerned with maintaining an image as the least offensive sods on the planet.

Reactions: TexasAviator

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
I never heard the part about a punch.
I heard a verbal altercation.

Maybe they are spinning this firing thing just to get a bigger market share.
And no they can't jump to another network. The BBC owns the rights.

·
Registered
29,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I never heard the part about a punch.
I heard a verbal altercation.

Maybe they are spinning this firing thing just to get a bigger market share.
And no they can't jump to another network. The BBC owns the rights.
The could get the three guys and change the format, make it about Planes, trains and automobiles.

·
10,379 Posts
I used to watch it all the time. Loved their challenges. Hot air balloons versus the 911. May trying to climb out of the Veyron just to realize he was still doing 60MPH...and who could ever forget their road trip through the US South, one of the funniest things I'd seen in a long while (and most offensive, which was probably why I thought it was so funny)

The American version was horrible, I think I made it through the first 5 minutes or so before I thought, Nah.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
The could get the three guys and change the format, make it about Planes, trains and automobiles.
They've already had those challenges... James May is a pilot and he races Clarkson in a Bugatti (?) from England to France? Then the train challenge in Japan?

·
Registered
29,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
They've already had those challenges... James May is a pilot and he races Clarkson in a Bugatti (?) from England to France? Then the train challenge in Japan?
Thats what I'm talking about, take it from the challenges and make it part of the main format.

Hammond is a pilot as well, air beaters.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts