Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I went to Gander Mountain today to look at their offerings for a CCW. I have had it narrowed down to the PT145 and the M&P Compact for a while now. I played with both of them and the PT145 was actually slightly smaller than the 9mm M&P. The trigger on the M&P felt a little better, but I like the manual safety on the PT145. It seems a little strange for me since I am used to pushing a safety UP to fire rather than DOWN, but I'll practice a lot with it before carrying it.

I like having the larger caliber rather than 9mm and since my house gun is a Ruger P90 (.45) I'll be able to stick to the same ammo. I'm hoping the trigger will smooth out some after some shooting. I paid $350 for the all blue version, and I know that's a little overpriced, but I had some GM gift certificates from Christmas that I wanted to use.

Now, I need to find a good pancake holster for it... BTW, I should be able to take it for a test run early next week.

Todd

·
Registered
790 Posts
I'm leaning toward the PT145 as well. I like the look and feel of the PT745 Millenium Pro, but the capacity of the 145 might be the clincher. Let me know how the 145 works for you. Give us a range report if you get out this weekend.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's raining this weekend so it looks like it will be early next week before I make it to the range. I'll post a report once I get it out for a shoot.

Todd

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well I purchased my pt145 pro on 03-03-2007 and so far so good. :D :D :D :D ::)

·
32,495 Posts
Congrats BoneDigger on the PT145 purchase. We'll try to put in a good word with the weather departmnet to get you some respite from the gloomy garbage frequenting the area. Range report time. 20,000 words or less, double spaced, in triplicate, on Flyer's desk,(wherever that is) by Monday morning. ;D :) :D Send it Pony Express. Costs less than U.S. Mail. ::) ;D :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Congrats on the PT145. I sold (rather foolishly) my second gen PT145. so, the other day I bought a new 3rd gen. I like it a lot. I'm having mag issues with it - so I took andvantage of the nice warranty. I'm sure Taurus will iron it out. My previous PT145 was my daily CCW for 2 years. FWIW holsters made to fit the Springfield XD will fit the PT145 also.

I have a Crossbreed Supertuck that is comfy. It works OK in a Smartcarry as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts