Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well things did not go good with my m-88 38spl , jammed on the second round . could not cock the hammer back or pull the trigger. had to release the cylinder start over fired a couple then jammed again. did this until i fired 50 round through it.wwb38spl 130 grain target rounds. lube trigger area . on dry fire she cycle smooth. with 5 empty shell she cycle smooth . what do you think it is .when she did fire it felt sweet and on point.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Sorry to answer so late, but I just spotted this. My 97206 did the same thing. It would fire one round, then Jam. I'd release the cylinder, rotate it by hand and fire another. then it would work, and then jam again.

Sent it back to Rossi. They completed the work in 2 weeks, and it turned out that the cylinder was not machined properly, and 2 of the 6 chambers would touch the forcing cone. (I never noticed that.)

Fixed it up and it works just fine. If you haven't already, sending it back to CS is the best remedy.

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
The Mdl 88 was from when Interarms® imported Rossi® Revolvers in the 1970's, 80's, & 90's. In 1999 Taurus® bought out Rossi®. Current 1999> Rossi® revolvers are the only guns that Braztech® will repair. Your best bet would be to take your Mdl 88 to a local gunsmith & have him check it out.

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Registered
36,797 Posts
as badge 851 notes, yours is a different breed of Rossi than the current models!
Interarms/Rossi had a 1 year parts and labor warranty if I remember correctly and so that has long since past and the Current Rossi will not honor any of that warranty I don't believe?
a local gunsmith is likely the best choice, depending on parts needed perhaps current Rossi parts will work or they can be obtained from a parts warehouse maybe.
good luck with the gun.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts