Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
I have to use the pliers on my multi-tool to get that stupid take down lever out. It would have been nicer if they used a system that doesn't require removal of a piece like that.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I like the PT92, PT909, etc. take down the best.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BadAndy said:
I have to use the pliers on my multi-tool to get that stupid take down lever out. It would have been nicer if they used a system that doesn't require removal of a piece like that.
Yeah, its pretty much impossible without using the release catch-reslide-engage catch method. Or using tools.

·
Registered
159 Posts
threefortyduster said:
Yeah, its pretty much impossible without using the release catch-reslide-engage catch method. Or using tools.
I tried that last night and it's much easier now. Thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
296 Posts
threefortyduster said:
+1 :thumb:
Make the thing pop out enough to grab and pull out.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
VA Caver said:
OK, so what is the "release catch-reslide-engage catch method"?
You pull the slide back and lock it. Then you pull the takedown pin loose. Pull the slide back to release the catch and guide it forward about a half inch, then pull it back and re-engage the slide catch. Then you can wriggle the pin out.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yes, its MUCH more easier that way. As described... pull the slide back and lock it. Rotate the pin 90 degrees clockwise. Then Pull the slide back while releasing the slide lock (like you were sending it back home) and the pin will click and will come out about 2 or 3 mm. Then re-lock the slide back. Rotate the pin back and forth while pulling out. Comes out with no problem.

In the video, it looks like you had to man-handle the slide to get it off.
Were you pulling the trigger before the slide is at its "home" location?
Try releasing the slide all the way to its normal position, then LIGHTLY pushing forward while pulling the trigger. It should almost fall off itself just by pulling the trigger with a little bit of forward pressure.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
57 seconds :eek: what took so long haha now go do that about 100 more times and then make a new video and see how much your speed improved. Ill see if my cheapo digi cam will do a video of me taking down one of my 24/7's. I have done it so many times now its 2nd nature, and no I dont have to do that push pull on the slide thing to get the pin out

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Well me camera sucks but atleast you get an idea of how easy it is once you have done it a few 100 times. As you can see it takes me about 23-24 seconds to break it down and put it back together.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts