Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received this today from Copper Custom in Valparaiso, IN
It's a Smith & Wesson 4006 TSW traded in by the CHP (California Highway Patrol)

Tim (Military Arms Channel) takes $15 from each one of these he sells & sends it to the California Gun Owners Association to help fight the crappy California gun laws!! That alone makes this a good purchase!

It is in very good condition with only a few places where the holster rubbed on it - but that is to be expected as this was carried daily by a CHP officer!
It's cool to own this pistol with the history that it has - plus knowing that the 4006 TSW was built at the request of the CHP and only available to them and not the general public makes it even more special!

I plan to follow up with a range report after a trip to the range this weekend!

·
Registered
115 Posts
A local gun shop had one a couple years ago, it looked like it was not carryed and the price reflected it. I do not remember $ but it was out of my range.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Good for you Warbird, look forward to the range report

·
Registered
24,943 Posts
Congrats on your new to you slide gun.

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
Wow, That looks nice.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
What's the asking price? I have to factor that, shipping and FFL costs.
$399 + $35 shipping.
I didn't have to pay any FFL transfer because the membership package to the range that I'm a member of (Shoot Point Blank) allows 1 free transfer per month.

P.S. It came with 3 mags!

·
Registered
536 Posts
I had one a few years ago, really nice shape and the night sights were still bright. I sold it when I got whacked with a huge tax bill and needed cash, so it and a lot of my other guns went away. I decided to sell my only remaining .40 gun soon after that, and have decided to only do .22lr, .380, 9MM, and .45 ACP in semiautos. I really like the third gen S&W guns. The stuff they make now? They can keep it.

·
Registered
8,872 Posts
Congrats on your new to you pistol!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Range Update:

Here is a picture of the first 21 rounds. 10 yds. shooting Blazer Brass 180grn
Not too bad in my mind considering I have never shot this gun before.

Shot the same ammo in my CZ P-07 to compare the recoil.

The weight of the stainless steel Smith & Wesson makes the recoil of the .40 feel more like a push straight back.
The recoil with the polymer frame of the P-07 definitely allows the muzzle to rise.

Not too much take-up on the trigger, a very well defined wall, and a guesstimated trigger pull of 6 lbs. in single action.
Double action pull was stout but manageable - guesstimated at around 11 lbs.

Then there's the reset . . . . oh my word . . . . the reset is crazy short! I thought the reset on my P-07 was short. Well the reset on this 4006 is about half that of the P-07. WOWSERS!!! Seemed like my finger twitched and the trigger reset!

This thing is definitely a keeper!!

·
Super Moderator
35,537 Posts
Very nice! :D

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Sweet 40 tactical pistol.:cool:

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
That is one fine pistol you've got there.

I really love the Gen 3 S&W Semiautomatic Pistols, it's a terrible shame that they don't make them anymore.

·
Administrator
35,714 Posts
I've always loved the sleek look of those Smith and Wesson slide guns. :drool: Looks like you got a good'un, congrats !

1 - 16 of 16 Posts