Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Here's the bad part,
I ran 100 rounds of TulAmmo 9mm through it and it didn't like it at all.
I would guess that about 40% of them wouldn't fire on the first strike but they would on the second, and the magazines are difficult to load.

Good?
I did run a box of Federal through it and it ate it up just fine, and the sights seem to be accurate.

This was around 7-10 yards

Here's a little vid of the fun
Shooting a Taurus 809 and a Barrett 50 cal BMG - YouTube

Reactions: CompOSS9mm

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
That PT809 is one fine looking pistol. :rolleyes:

Thanks for sharing your video with us.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Nice work.

I avoid TulAmmo on the grounds that their quality control is far too uncertain. The next round you load into your pistol of that brand could be the 'golden BB' that's overcharged enough to reduce your pistol to wreckage.Not worth saving $1 at the register over other brands of practice ammo.

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Nice grips on your 809, but I wanted to see more of the Barret. :icon_ poke:

·
Registered
16 Posts
I bought a PT809 on friday, 12/30/11. Finally got to shoot it today. I am certain it will become my favorite to take to the range.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Nice grips on your 809, but I wanted to see more of the Barret. :icon_ poke:
+1, We need to see more of the Barret. But the 809 is nice too. lol

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
+1, We need to see more of the Barret. But the 809 is nice too. lol
Careful, its probably a felony to watch the .50 Cal video in California.

Reactions: whodog

·
Registered
478 Posts
I like the 809. Might be next on my list.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Took it out again today and put 100 more rounds through it. Man this thing feels and performs awesomely, as usual it hates the cheap Russian TulAmmo but loves Federal.
I switched between it and my 9mm 24/7, and they feel totally different. The 809 was spot on in the 9-10 ring and just felt soo much better than the 24/7.

·
Registered
548 Posts
My next purchase will be a 800 series but Im praying Taurus brings out a long slide version!!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I've the 845 and so far I've only put 100 rds thru it, but it's the sweetest gun I've ever shot. I've so far shot my old ruger p95, taurus 92, taurus pt58, old Webly short .38, many auto and revolver .22's, and a few others here and there. although most of those were about ten years ago I was shooting with my friend when I went out with mine and he brought a good collection with him and he's wanting one as well tho the 809 cos of the cost of 45 ammo. All in all if I was offered a trade for another more expencive gun like a S&w mp or such I would not take it as this has all the options and the best feel I've come across esp. for a 45

1 - 11 of 11 Posts