Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today my girlfriend and I went out shooting today and she loved it!! I brought along my Colt Compact 1991A1 and my newly purchased Taurus 605. She loves the Taurus, especially when shooting .38's. She is not too fond of the Magnums, but she is semi-ok shooting the .45. She was on the line as often as she could and I was right there with her, giving her help and advice along the way. 150 rounds later she was all smiles on the way back home and at Applebee's (where we had dinner afterwards).

And the best part, she wants to go shooting again :D

She also called my Taurus cute. I guess it is in a "we put holes in teeth" way.

My darn RIA 1911 is still in the smithy's, wanted to bring that along too but oh well.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
godadone said:
Sweet.

If only my wife was accepting to weapons as your girl.

Then the world would be a happy place.
You and me both! The wife is closer, but she thinks it scares the horses and the dog, when I shoot at home.

My son and I are working up slowly to get her to try shooting, and carry in her car after she learns to use them. He will probably be giving her, her first lessons, as a former LEO, he is better suited by far than me.

·
Administrator
40,172 Posts
The wife can shoot and has been around guns most of her life. She will go to the range with me once in a while just to humor me I think. She just doesn't have any interest in it. She's ok with me carryin' and keepin' one within reach all the time though. :drool:

·
Registered
846 Posts
I am lucky mine loves it and wants to go anytime. She hits every gun show with me and we make a day out with dinner and drinks. The ex was the oppisite I bought her special guns, bows, etc. all to make it easier because she was small but she never was inerested really. Now as I look back that one reason she's an ex. :clap: :yipee:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
True JimL. Very true. She also told me a while back that she is interested in taking CCW classes.

·
Registered
846 Posts
True JimL mine has one in her purse or by her side of the bed, heck if I dare get frisky I have to sneak in and ulosd it and then hide her purse. :p

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
I've got a female friend who started shooting this summer. She loves my M85.

Steelheart

·
Registered
339 Posts
I have a cat that I want to take out shooting.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I got this annoying pit bull in my neighborhood that I wouldn't mind taking out shooting (it killed my dog so revenge is gonna be sweet) :guns:

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Thankfully some are receptive to the shooting sports.
One woman I dated really enjoyed plinking with my M94 .22LR and if we had ended up getting married, it probably would have became hers by proxy.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
She also called my Taurus cute.
Never heard that before..lol :D

Gunner4h1r3 ...that is so cool, nice when the other half likes to shoot also...
Sounds like you had alot of fun.. :)

My wife used to shoot more than she does now, but she was there when we taught all our kids on shooting..
Trust me, you do not want to suprise her when she is home alone.. :-X :eek: :shooter: :angel:

·
Registered
9 Posts
My wife has no interest in shooting a firearm. I've invited her to the range a couple of times and she's just not interested.

It took her quite a while to get accustomed to me carrying. She's starting to come around now though. She actually asked me if I remembered my gun before we went out for dinner one night.

I'll give her some more time and maybe I'll try again to get her to go with me to the range.

Stranger things have happened....lol

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
To spike someone's interest, try this. Go to Wally-World and pick up a pellet pistol and an extra pair of safety glasses. Take a cardboard box and stuff it with an old blanket. (My dog got a newer one) Go out into the back yard and have fun. (Shoot in a safe direction). Make sure you make enough noise ("Hell Yeah"), that she wants to join in too. Shoot at targets that fall or make noise. Maybe pictures of snakes or things she doen't like. (Not people). When she inquires say, "Hey, wanna try? I've an extra pair of safety googles. You don't want to put you eye out" Explain the sight alignment. Start real close. A little friendly competition, and when she beats you, (she will), she's hooked.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts