Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my pistol to the range Sunday and was pretty impressed with it. Out of 200 rounds of Blazer Brass 230 gr. ball I had about 6-7 FTFs usually on the 12th shot to which I chalked up to me not thoroughly cleaning out the grease residue in the mags (which I did when I cleaned as soon as I got home from the range)

It shot a bit low so I was able to correct my aim to get it to hit dead on target most of the time.

My wife shot it and was impressed with the way the pistol distributed the recoil although she said the recoil was a bit stout for her liking.

Other than the FTFs I am very impressed with the Taurus 24/7 pro in .45 ACP and very happy with my purchase.

EDIT - Once thing I did notice and I dont know if its just a cleaning issue or if I need to contace Taurus about is that when the slide stayed open upon the last shot fired, sometimes when I put the loaded mag back in, the slide release would release without me releasing it. Anyone have any suggestions on this issue?

·
Registered
71 Posts
I've taken my 24/7 Pro 9mm out a few times (4 or 5) since picking it up in Jan. Probably put about 600-800 rounds with NO problems at all. I would say I should knock on wood but I really don't believe it to be in lucks hand. I feel very confident with my Taurus. Do some searching around here, I have heard of some other people with the same mag issue "mag falling out". I would personally contact Taurus about what you have seen and see what they say about it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was thinking about calling them but Im going to see what happens this weekend now that Ive thoroughly cleaned out the magazines when I go back to the range.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Sometimes my slide will go forward when I put in a mag and sometimes it stays open. When I did my ccw class I was shooting and bumped my mag release, not very hard, and my mag dropped. This hasn't happened since.

·
Administrator
35,165 Posts
I have a 24/7 45 cal and I was having the slide release issue as well - I narrowed it down to one magazine as being the issue. Mark your mags and see if one in particular is doing this. If both are, it could be something else, or it could be BOTH mags. I just haven't gotten around to calling Taurus, since it isn't a critical issue. I'll probably order 2 more mags as well.

I was having FTL issues when I first purchased my gun. I posted a link, and some people suggested that I thoroughly clean the gun before I take it to the range, because Taurus puts alot of packing grease in the gun when they ship it, and this can cause alot of issues. Voila - after cleaning the gun, zero FTL or FTF issues !!! ;D

·
Registered
30 Posts
I picked up my new 24/7 pro .45 on monday and have been to the range twice , I have put 350 rounds thru it with no problem, what a sweet gun very fun to shoot.

;D

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
chvz80 said:
I picked up my new 24/7 pro .45 on monday and have been to the range twice , I have put 350 rounds thru it with no problem, what a sweet gun very fun to shoot.

;D
Oh yeah!!! Shooting mine was a blast

·
21,937 Posts
EDIT - Once thing I did notice and I dont know if its just a cleaning issue or if I need to contace Taurus about is that when the slide stayed open upon the last shot fired, sometimes when I put the loaded mag back in, the slide release would release without me releasing it. Anyone have any suggestions on this issue?
My 24/7 9mm LS does this with all my mags. I currently have 5. I use this pistol in competition and actually like this feature. Removes one step while reloading against the clock.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Been lucky so far, ... no mag issues. But got me to thinking. What materials and techniques do people use to make sure their mags are really clean?

·
Registered
30 Posts
chvz80 said:

;D
One thing I did notice is that im really starting to like going to the shooting range and ammo for a .45 is  :)a little pricey as far as spending a couple hours at the range, so I think I need a 9mm and as luck has it the same place where I bought my 24/7 pro .45 had ordered a 24/7 pro 9mm also to sell in there store I stopped in there today and its still there should i go for it? They also had a bersa 9mm ultra compact and it felt pretty nice any body have any info on this gun, or should I just go grab the 24/7pro 9mm. Any input on the bersa ultra compact would help thanks guys!!

·
Registered
280 Posts
I just bought my 24/7 pro .45 today and have not been to the range yet. I am hoping to get some time in tomorrow morning, but we will see what the boss (wife) says. So far, I love carrying it though.

·
Administrator
17,670 Posts
chvz80 - Buy the 9mm 24/7 Pro! Same grip, Trigger, manual of arms, and takedown as your .45 24/7 Pro. I have a 9mm 24/7 Pro and love it!

·
Registered
30 Posts
jwc007 said:
chvz80 - Buy the 9mm 24/7 Pro! Same grip, Trigger, manual of arms, and takedown as your .45 24/7 Pro. I have a 9mm 24/7 Pro and love it!
Thanks jwc007 ive heard great things it, but in Ca ill have to wait 30 days before im able to puchase another hand gun not sure what laws are in other states regarding this. I was also checkin out the bretta px4

·
Administrator
35,165 Posts
That law is to keep you and the citizenry safe, chvz80 - don't you feel safer knowing you can only buy 12 guns a year?

·
Administrator
35,165 Posts
Sorry, California laws bring out the worst in me.....ridiculous gun laws like 12 per year, 7 day waiting period, magazine limit, are passed to keep the populace safe - but where do most of the nuts whip out a pistole and start taking people out? I'd say California is right up there. And it's very likely because nobody can carry, so nobody can stop it when it happens. JMO.

·
Registered
30 Posts
texastaurusguy said:
Sorry, California laws bring out the worst in me.....ridiculous gun laws like 12 per year, 7 day waiting period, magazine limit, are passed to keep the populace safe - but where do most of the nuts whip out a pistole and start taking people out? I'd say California is right up there. And it's very likely because nobody can carry, so nobody can stop it when it happens. JMO.
is there a law like this in texas?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts