Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Daughter and I & wife went to visit family in Johnson City Texas, yesterday and took the .357! Daughter did very well shooting the cannon! A little nervous at first but really starting to dail in. Women are good shooter's I have noticed. We started joking around with her after 6 shots, and she just got better. I feel alot better now if she gets her own gun she will not have any problem hitting the target, what every that target will be 4 legged or other!!!!

Young kids love to go shoot, take them out and show them, they will love it!!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
36,744 Posts
Congratulations on spending some quality time with your daughter teaching her some valuable skills! Sounds like a very fun time.

Reactions: MilProGuy

·
Registered
29,933 Posts
It's great to teach your children gun handling & safety at a young age.

It instiles responsibility and creates strong family bonds. ;)

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
There is nothing better than quality family time shooting.

I always say the family that shoots together, stays together!

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Congrats on a great outing. Quality of life.
You are also right, all the females in the family seem to just naturally pick up the guns and shoot. They dont try to impress or copy anyone elses actions or styles.

·
Registered
27 Posts
thats great !!! i am looking forward to getting back on land and to the range on sat !!!! i gave my daughters their first guns ..... a pair of marlin model 60 22's with the squirls on the stock.... 1 in dark almost red stock the other in a blond.... my girls are 15 and 18 and both can key hole 5 .177 pellets through the same hole on cmp / nra 25 ft air rifle targets ..... mostly in the 10 ..... !!!

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Time well spent. I plan on taking my daughter out to the range over the next few weeks to teach her how to shoot. Then who knows when she turns 19 next yearI will probably push her to get her CCW and give her a handgun. That will be a different post as I determine what she likes.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Some of the sweetest memories I have of my formative years are the times my Dad took the time to take me hunting, shooting, or fishing.

Keep up the good work, sir!

·
Registered
29,777 Posts
I have heard it from more than a few people, that women have a bit more natural advantage with shooting. It appears that nature has given them slightly different bone structure in their hands/wrists that helps them with recoil a bit.... I'm no MD but if thats true.. nature aint fair! :D

Its great to teach kids young, I learned at 6, my daughter learned at 7...

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
I have heard it from more than a few people, that women have a bit more natural advantage with shooting. It appears that nature has given them slightly different bone structure in their hands/wrists that helps them with recoil a bit.... I'm no MD but if thats true.. nature aint fair! :D
And they are prettier than us, too! :D

Reactions: TexasAviator

·
Registered
29,777 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts