Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife is getting her CCW permit next weekend. We have been looking all over for a pistol, no luck. I stopped at Gander Mountain yesterday to burn some time while waiting to meet a client. While there, I noticed they had all 3 caliber Milleniums with the pink frames. The 9mm had my wifes name all over it, so I took a pic w/my phone. Once I got home & showed her the picture, she said she needed one (I have a titanium slide Gen 1, so she pretty much knew what she was looking at). We pulled it up on the web, that confirmed her decision. Before we could go any further, our neighbor stopped by to visit......she loves guns. My wife showed her the picture and that was it. We all jumped in my truck & drove an hour to Gander last night. Both girls bought a 9mm pink-framed Millenium. Now we're going to sell her black 9mm 24/7, as she only wants to have 1 gun.......she said she'll do all the shooting with the pink one. She's packing pink. I can't wait to see what she does with it, she's already talking about having the sights anodized pink.....and who knows what else?

I just wanted to share.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Good story, hope it's the best she ever shot. Yep it seems Taurus did it right on these seems to be big with the ladies. We just gotta find her some pink brass and pink JHP's then she will be ready. Tell her the group said congrats. :thumb:

·
Administrator
40,155 Posts
Yeah, let's see some pics. 9mm which I have seen already and .40 and .45. :thumb:

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have one of those in mind for my honey as well. We don't have a GM anywhere near us, of course, but I have a PT140 on the way for myself in black, so if she likes the feel of that, we're good to go, since her stipulation is that it have a pink grip. She also wants it lighter than 15 oz. though, which means something from Kel Tec, but they don't safety test their handguns for CA sale. I could go for a .25 or .22, but I want her to have something more serious to defend herself with. Just because it's cute don't mean it has to be wimpy.

Get your wife to post her own review of her new gun, so mine can read it.

PS, here's a pic I found somewheres else...

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here is picture of the girls and their guns.  We hope to get to the range this week for shooting session.  She wants to put some rounds downrange with the new pistol before qualifying for her concealed license.

*I should note, that is not my wifes belly (she's on the left), it's a shadow on the chair.*  :)

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
132 Posts
King....,
Sweet - awesome! hahahh, that is funny...........I would never guess that is your wife's belly....it does look like part of the chair......thanks for pointing it out ahead of time though. Let us know how the ladies enjoy they new toys.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Is that 2 of the "Charlie's Angels" we see there? glad to hear your in favor of her CHL, this day and age every woman she be taught the use of a handgun and get one, and should be armed when out and alone.

·
Registered
132 Posts
kingofwylietx said:
The 9mm is $399. The .380 & .32 are $429. Not bad for a SS slide pistol. GM is the only place you can get them.
Wow, the 9mm cost less..............I wonder why........I would think the .380 and .32 would cost less than the 9mm. I would definately go with the 9mm even though the .380 is very controlable in those small framed handguns.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I think there's a whole group of dudes who call themselves the "pink pistols.' From what I hear, they aren't into standard procreation proceedures if you get my drift. :-\

·
Administrator
40,155 Posts
I've heard of that group. Kingofwylietx said it, "just plain scary." :puke:

·
Registered
539 Posts
Check out the other post that has a charter arms 38 that reads "The Pink Bitch" on the barrel! Oh the horror of getting shot dead with that one!!

·
Registered
846 Posts
I saw that post and pic, showed it to Ms., she liked it but ain't trading her Taurus lite. It shows there is a market for these guns, sorry I know it's not PC but just can't see a man carrying these.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Very cool have to show this to my wife she has a PT 145 Mill pro already but heck you can't have enough 45's can you!! :D

·
Registered
846 Posts
Kingw, let us know how they do, post a pic with their Santa hats and guns. Yall have a SAFE and Merry Christmas.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The neighbor is going with me on Saturday for renewing CHL licenses. My wife was supposed to go, but has to take our baby for the second part of her flu shot (they do it in 2 stages). We'll know how the neighbors does on Saturday. We might not be able to check out the wives until we go to the ranch in a couple of weeks.

Sorry, I'm not taking requests for 'types' of pictures...this thread does not need to go there. I think one will suffice. If she happens to shoot anything noteworthy with the pistol while gone, I might post that. 9mm isn't used for what we normally hunt (deer & hog).

Hopefully, I can get her to write up a review of her 'pink' gun when we return from the ranch. It should be quite broken-in by then. We'll be there for a week and a half, we shoot every day while there.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts