Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a IWB holster for my 24/7 G2 40 from Tommy Theis (one of our supporting vendors) and cannot be more pleased with it. I had a few questions prior to ordering it and e-mailed Tommy with them. He responded with answers within an hour. When I placed my order Tommy had it made and in the mail to me in 4 days. It arrived in excellent condition and after wearing it for 2 weeks it is almost completely broken in. This holster is extremely comfortable, at times I almost forget that I am wearing it. Also it conceals very well, my family and guests do not even know that I am carrying around the house.

If you are looking for a high quality holster for your G2 this one is a winner and Tommy's customer service cannot be beaten. I will definitely purchase more holsters from him in the future as I expand my CCW options.

Here are a few pictures of my holster.

P1020003.jpg P1020004.jpg P1020011.jpg P1020013.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
Glad you like the holster, I have the same one except mine is right handed.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine is right handed too, the picture in the mirror reversed it and makes it look like a lefty.

·
Registered
78 Posts
got it, my mind is not that fast.

·
Registered
16 Posts
This holster does definitely looks likes a winner to me. i was wanting to get the exact same on for sure. i just cant wait till me taurus 24/7 comes in :) I do have a question does this fit the compact version of the G2? i cant tell from the picture if that is what you have or not

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jetta555,

Mine is not a compact but Tommy does make a slightly different one for the compact model. It is probably just a slight dimension change. Mine is the horsehide with metal clips. Check out his site at Theisholsters.com | Home | Custom IWB Holsters and look under products. If you have any questions just e-mail him and he will respond with your answers pretty fast.

Reactions: Jetta555

·
Registered
16 Posts
Jetta555,

Mine is not a compact but Tommy does make a slightly different one for the compact model. It is probably just a slight dimension change. Mine is the horsehide with metal clips. Check out his site at Theisholsters.com | Home | Custom IWB Holsters and look under products. If you have any questions just e-mail him and he will respond with your answers pretty fast.
Thanks for the help my friend i will definitely get this holster for my 24/7 compact :) what would suggest for clips? i was looking at the j clips so it will clip under my belt but i am worried the plastic wont hold up very well? what would you suggest.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have not bought any clip holsters yet, however Tommy Theis also makes them as well, the only thing is he makes them separate as he does not want an individual to have to use their strong hand to get extra magazines if needed. That is just his feelings on that. His magazine holders are $30.00 or $40.00 depending on which style you want. Also enjoy your G2 when it comes in.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have not bought any clip holsters yet, however Tommy Theis also makes them as well, the only thing is he makes them separate as he does not want an individual to have to use their strong hand to get extra magazines if needed. That is just his feelings on that. His magazine holders are $30.00 or $40.00 depending on which style you want. Also enjoy your G2 when it comes in.
I was actually talking about the clips on the holster itself, not the mag clip ( my bad for not making it clear in the previous post). it comes ether metal clip, j clip, or some other kind of clip like the metal one. I was just wondering if the j clip is strong enough to withstand a beating.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had the same question and the answer that I received was Tommy liked the metal the best, however some people are scared that they may scratch leather seats or furniture. The Kydex clips were his second choice and the J clips were his least favorite. Mainly because they place the weight of the handgun on the pants themselves and just catch the underside of the belt. If you order a certain clip and do not like it he told me that he would exchange them. He really does sell customer service.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
I have the Theis holster for my 24/7G2C-45, and enjoy it very much. I did not get it through Theis, but am glad to hear such high praise for the CS, et all. I have the metal clips on mine and have had no problems. I usually have a shirt or jacket layer over the clips anyway, so no worries about scratching.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts