Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
21,219 Posts
My grandfather used to live in the same neighborhood as Tom Brokaw in an Austin Tx suburb, they in fact attended the same church. My grandfather looks A LOT like Tom Brokaw and used to be mistaken for him, he no longer lives in the same neighborhood.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
why would it take "brass?" He's rich and old, nothing to lose by doing so, really.
Tacket, I respect your opinion - - - - - as I do the opinion of everyone else on TA. That's what this forum has always been about.

But when every other TV personality is rolling over like a hound dog that wants its belly scratched in the face of the gun control, and sucking up to the Prez and Miz Diane, for a man of Brokaw's stature to stand up for what he believes ------ I'll repeat my statement: it takes brass!

·
Administrator
36,606 Posts
There for a long time while I was watching the video, I couldn't figure out if Brokaw was pro or anti gun....he started sounding like somebody who wants to be sure that every type of 'assault weapon' platform was addressed in a ban. Then at the very end he says that if the government comes knockin at the door, we've got bigger problems because it would be an anarchy. I think the actual term would be dictatorship, but whatever, he has lots more edjamacation than I do. Too bad that the clip was so close to the segment break, because I would have loved hearing what those guest panelists had to say about that.

Reactions: Lil Beaver

·
Banned
134 Posts
so what are they going to DO to him, that it required "brass". I repeat my question. when you are old and rich, what can they do to you? fire you? so what. ? no loss at that age, you get to go fishing/hunting/shooting all day, every day.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
I watched it but it sure pained me to do so - I’ve contracted an allergic reaction when viewing to the MSM. Then I had to hear them making reference to assault rifles “like the one used in New Town.” Has that been determined yet? I was hoping that old Tom would clarify that but he agreed with them. As usual I came away with an upset stomach and my head hurting. :mad:

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
I don't know....my take was that Tom really had more he wanted to say about this subject and the break messed the whole thing up!
You may be right but let him prove it by sitting in on a more gun friendly venue. If Tom is really a gun enthusiast and supports the 2A, let’s see him stand shoulder to shoulder with, let’s see, the likes of Ted Nugent and openly denounce what the regime is trying to do to law abiding gun owners. You know that's never going to happen.

Sorry, but I don’t trust anyone that has been associated with the MSM as long as he has.

·
Registered
11,061 Posts
So, being old, and rich, enables one to say anything with impunity? Unlike today's younger educated journalists, Mr. Brokaw hails from an earlier generation that actually cared about reporting, instead of editorializing. His reputation is built upon his integrity amongst his peers. That he would actually take the time to make such a statement is much more creditable than a legion of younger, spoiled, people's opinions. Tom Brokaw is still called upon for media interviews, and other work. To a person actually proud of his actions over decades, that attention is important, and should be. That he would risk losing it, and the attendant respect of his peers, shows much more than brass. It shows why such men are an important part of a dying breed, true journalists.

Being associated with the MSM as long as he has is all the more wonder that he hasn't bought into their homogenized product. However, Mr. Brokaw's association started when the media were still regarded as relevant, and the morals required far more integrity than today's poor excuses for journalists.

·
Registered
797 Posts
There for a long time while I was watching the video, I couldn't figure out if Brokaw was pro or anti gun....he started sounding like somebody who wants to be sure that every type of 'assault weapon' platform was addressed in a ban. Then at the very end he says that if the government comes knockin at the door, we've got bigger problems because it would be an anarchy. I think the actual term would be dictatorship, but whatever, he has lots more edjamacation than I do. Too bad that the clip was so close to the segment break, because I would have loved hearing what those guest panelists had to say about that.
I just happened to be watching "Meet the Depressed" that day and no discussion about Shotgun News or its contents took place after the commercial break. As you will note in the clip, Chuck Todd lamented the fact that there was no 92 page publication AGAINST "assault weapons". Really, it appeared to me that Brokaw was simply pointing out that gun owners are highly organized and very passionate about their guns.

·
Registered
8,061 Posts
so what are they going to DO to him, that it required "brass". I repeat my question. when you are old and rich, what can they do to you? fire you? so what. ? no loss at that age, you get to go fishing/hunting/shooting all day, every day.
Tom Brokaw is a respected, honest, and for those reasons rare, emeritus member of journalism. He's written several books, among them "The Greatest Generation." This guy knows and understands history. When he chooses to "out" himself on the subject of guns in front of some of the most liberal talking heads on the East Coast, he's putting his reputation on the line. That's what he's risking.

·
Registered
12,344 Posts
Tom Brokaw represents the old school of journalism. You know - before journalistic integrity and telling the truth went out of style. I'm guessing if he and Andrea Mitchell came into physical contact there would be a HUGE explosion - that's what happens when matter and anti matter meet.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
I wonder it he would havesaid the same thing if he was still employed by NBC?
In today’s environment and including the past 20 years, I will venture to say no. If he were still working for NBC, I’m afraid he would be just another tool of the regime, or he would be given his walking papers. Just my humble opinion.

Edit: And, if any of you remember, Tom Brokaw called Florida a win for Gore in 2000 prior to the polls being closed in the Panhandle. Okay, maybe he didn’t know his geography and time zones back then.

·
Registered
11,061 Posts
That means what? That, unlike today's pathetic excuses for journalists, he's human? Tool of the regime? Politicians come and go, but the media stays on and on. I think that all too many here are misidentifying the tool and the user. Then again, they ARE products of current "education".

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.