Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Except duracoat it in some Soviet camo circa 1953.

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Burgandy and desert tan
Ahhhhh, look who made a funny!

Sent from an undisclosed underground location by fingerless monkeys using Tapatalk.

·
Premium Member
11,331 Posts
Actually the steel blue with wood grips looks excellent. Where'd you get them, by the way?

·
Registered
1,608 Posts

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Actually the steel blue with wood grips looks excellent. Where'd you get them, by the way?
Grips4u.net.

Sent from an undisclosed underground location by fingerless monkeys using Tapatalk.

·
Registered
25,027 Posts
Blue and wood is nice. If it were mine, I would leave it alone. Why don't you send it to me?

·
Registered
609 Posts
Mine is not so pretty. Made in the USSR in 1940..History unknown until I bought it from my Houseboy at Bien Hoa, RVN in 1962. it remains in it's original finish

Reactions: ncfarmer

·
Registered
911 Posts
Please leave it in the OE finish. It is your gun but blue + wood is such a looker. The only other finish I would go for would be parked. That is about it. Trust me, any other color looks BAD. Stainless looks pretty good on the newer production, but blue + wood is to die for.

Reactions: Texheim

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Blue and wood is nice. If it were mine, I would leave it alone. Why don't you send it to me?
Ha! Never said I didn't like it and it shot like poo and I was going to throw it in the river. Your response would have been appropriate if I had said any of those things but alas this is a keeper!

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Not hating but we had a lethal force, handgun training course last June where a gent showed up with one and was actually asked to leave the firing line because of all the issues he kept having with it. I talked to the instructor last week and he said if anybody showed up this year with a Tokarev, HE, the instructor, was leaving! Are they that troublesome?

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
Mine is not so pretty. Made in the USSR in 1940..History unknown until I bought it from my Houseboy at Bien Hoa, RVN in 1962. it remains in it's original finish

Your Tokarev might have quite a bit of history behind it, it may have seen action in World War II and the Vietnamese
uprising against the French in the 1950's. That in my opinion makes it a keeper.

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Not hating but we had a lethal force, handgun training course last June where a gent showed up with one and was actually asked to leave the firing line because of all the issues he kept having with it. I talked to the instructor last week and he said if anybody showed up this year with a Tokarev, HE, the instructor, was leaving! Are they that troublesome?
I've got a range review up here some where but to answer your question: no, I've had no issues. 160 rounds the first time out and no malfunctions what so ever.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I have had it for 51 years so far, and have no plans to let it go in the future.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I've got a range review up here some where but to answer your question: no, I've had no issues. 160 rounds the first time out and no malfunctions what so ever.

Good to hear because I kinda like the lines of yours. Might have to keep my eyes peeled, I like off the wall stuff.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts