Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can say without reservation I still like my PT-99 better than any of them. I shot 3-15 round mags through the 99 in under 45 sec. And it was flawless and smooth as silk.....i fall in love with it more every time i shoot it. I think I will even clean her tonight. I was trying to torture test it till it failed...... But she would just smile at me and ask for more..... You guys can keep all the poly wonder nines. This is my last full size 9mm period.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm with you 100% there. Got my first 99 around '89 and have shot almost every other gun imaginable since. My primary is now a duo-tone 92. All metal. DA/SA. Hammer. Manual safety. Smooth as butta.

There is one thing I would change if I could, though. Fiber sights! :)

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
So - I can be the Quartermaster in charge of the Glocks?!

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
92/99 fan here! ;)

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So - I can be the Quartermaster in charge of the Glocks?!
They were a glock 19 and a 22. They are both awesome weapons but my heavy 99 just felt better.

·
Registered
5,498 Posts
I have not shot a 99 yet I am sad to say.I can say I will take my XDm over a glock or FNH EVERYDAY.

·
Super Moderator
13,941 Posts
I understand what you're saying. I have a couple of poly pistols, but my favorite for shooting is my heavier 1961 all-steel Makarov. It just has a great feel to it.

Reactions: Bender

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
I have not shot a 99 yet I am sad to say.I can say I will take my XDm over a glock or FNH EVERYDAY.
I purposefully evolved my pistols to all light DAO or striker fired. In competition i use a Glock 34 & 22 primarily. The Beretta and 99 are way up the list (neck and neck) on the Best 9s site ( under $650) - the XDm is ranked even higher with justified praise!

The Best Nines - Best 9mm Pistol Site handgun review test gun dealer 40 S&W <<I refer to the site often!

Reactions: Stroker

·
Registered
4 Posts
I purposefully evolved my pistols to all light DAO or striker fired. In competition i use a Glock 34 & 22 primarily. The Beretta and 99 are way up the list (neck and neck) on the Best 9s site ( under $650) - the XDm is ranked even higher with justified praise!
Of all the plastic/SF guns I've tried, I personally like my Wife's XDM 5.25 Comp the best.

There just doesn't seem to be many of us metal gunners left these days. Except for a couple 1911's, I'm usually alone in a huge sea of plastic during IDPA matches :)

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
I love my 92, I almost wish I bought that first before my 945. Luckily they almost feel identical in hand, aside from the sides of the 945 grip being a little more 'flat' than the 92.

Reactions: mingaa

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Of all the plastic/SF guns I've tried, I personally like my Wife's XDM 5.25 Comp the best.

There just doesn't seem to be many of us metal gunners left these days. Except for a couple 1911's, I'm usually alone in a huge sea of plastic during IDPA matches :)
there are some great guns ("metal" and "plastic") that I've just decided not to shoot. I sold a sa/da and a decocker trading for uniformity. Guns I own, I shoot. That uniformity may sound a bit boring to some. The similarity really works well for me - would I say "shooting well is the best revenge" - maybe. ;) The IDPA equipment survey shows Glock + S & W with 64% of the field. Wilson Combat($$) and Springfield were the next 2 places - all amazing action shooting pistols. Some with big marketing budgets and sponsor programs. Glock mags are (to my knowledge) the most affordable of them all. That matters a lot to a self funded competition shooter. There is an LEO turn in market for used mags that is hard to beat especially if you shoot multiple calibers. 1911 mags are not bad price wise and all the clones are changing that market but if you buy a Wilson Combat 1911, mag prices may not be on your mind as much.

Okay I'm rambling and my somewhat vanilla approach to pistol strategy DOES make swapping guns at the range with friends all fun and smiles. You'll also get no arguement from me that the PT - 99 IS one helluva a gun!!

Glock mags Pearce X2 0113 sm.jpg
G22 & 34 in HD trim

Reactions: darbo
1 - 12 of 12 Posts