Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This morning I became a member of the Henry family - I bought this from Rural King in Elyria, OH
Shotgun Air gun

A Henry Golden Boy chambered in .22lr What a beautiful gun!! A real sweet shooter also! (The spot on the barrel is glare from a lamp.)

Art

Upper left occured towards the end of shooting at approx. 20 yds. Shooting indoors at Point Blank range in Mentor, OH.
Shooting Federal Range Pack 40gr lead round nose - muzzle velocity 1200 fps.

Just can't beat a .22 lever action rifle for fun & stress relief.
Don't remember how many rounds shot today but there were no malfunctions! Man that Henry lever action is buttery-smooth!
(Disregard that tear in the lower left - when I ran the target out to 25 yds it tore on the target holder on the sudden stop.)

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
Welcome to the family Warbird. Price of admittance may be a little higher that others but dang if the family isn't full of high class winners.

·
23,195 Posts
You're right; there's nothing quite like a .22 lever action! And the Golden Boy is an excellent example. Congratulations!

Reactions: Warbird

·
Registered
19,779 Posts
:smile:...I had the pleasure of shooting one of those at the Altoona meet, the action was super buttery smooth. Sweet rifle!

·
Registered
15,356 Posts
Owning a Henry really does change your perception on things. It's almost like making it to a different tax bracket or buying your first true luxury car. You now know why Henry's are held in such high esteem. Wait til you move into the centerfire Henrys.

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
I have the Henry Classic H001, but I sure do like that brass finish! Looks great and shoots even better! Totin' my Henry with my Heritage RR .22LR in my Shotgun Lilli holster, derned ifn' I don't feel just like The Duke! Tell that Liberty Valance feller he better watch his step, Pilgrim!!

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I've had a love affair with Henry rifles for years but I've never owned one. I have shot a couple and they are nice. The current love of my life is a Henry Big Boy All Weather in .357. I get goose bumps just thinking about it. Maybe this Christmas Santa will be good to me.

·
Registered
24,939 Posts
Congrats on your new lever gun.

·
Premium Member
8,350 Posts
Love my H001... The only problem I have with it is I don't get to shoot it enough!

Shoot yours safely and often.

·
Super Moderator
20,082 Posts
Echo the welcomes to the Henry family. I’ve got one in 357 lever and the action is as described - buttery smooth. In fact, it is smoother than my old Marlin 1895c in 44 MAG.

My only exposure to a lever in 22LR is my dad’s old Browning.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I have the Henry Classic H001, but I sure do like that brass finish! Looks great and shoots even better! Totin' my Henry with my Heritage RR .22LR in my Shotgun Lilli holster, derned ifn' I don't feel just like The Duke! Tell that Liberty Valance feller he better watch his step, Pilgrim!!
I have the same "cowboy" combination as you do but my holster is a black "cowboy" from Ebay. I bought both in 2013 and both have been flawless. My Rough Rider has the case hardened finish which makes it look better than the others. I promised the Henry to my grandson as a reward for becoming an Eagle Scout and he is almost there with only the completion of his project to go (and he already had a Rough Rider). I really liked the looks of the Golden Boy I saw at Walmart today.

·
Super Moderator
37,996 Posts
What a beauty! Congrats and Merry Christmas to you!

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
The action on the Henry lever rifles is incredible. I had a Golden Boy, .22, with the octagonal barrel. I really loved the smoothness of the action. I REALLY tried to like the rifle, but the drop of the comb just didn't work for me. I tried for about 10 years to be able to get comfortable with the rifle, but it just wasn't going to happen. I'll bet in that 10 years, I only put a couple of hundred rounds through it. I just could not get comfortable with it. I worked with a Fella who was looking to buy a .22 rifle for his young son (I think he was around 6-7 y/o at the time!), to grow with. I told him about my Henry, and told him that I would be interested in selling it to him at a good price, just so someone would keep it and love it. I sold it to him for $300, and gave him a brick of .22s as well. He was happy, and I was also, knowing that it went to a good home.

This is not meant to be a knock on the Henry rifle at all, just a personal experience.

I replaced it with a Winchester 9422 XTR. It fits me well, and the action is also very smooth.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Nice Henry,congrats.:cool:

·
Registered
199 Posts
Congratulations! My 2nd Henry rifle was the Golden Boy. I now own 6 Henry rifles.

If you want more info - check out the Henry firearm forum. Some nice guys and gals over there.
Henry Rifle Forums - Index page

1 - 20 of 22 Posts