Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Who works on your Taurus gun?

• Local Gunsmith

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
I've never had a problem I couldn't fix with just a little cleaning and ammo selection.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I've never had a problem either and with the Taurus Life time warranty, I'd go for sending it to Taurus. Although I am a fully trained Gunsmith :)

·
Registered
539 Posts
I have sent two guns in for repair. One had a binding problem and the other had somthing brake in the thumb latch that froze up the gun. I think it was my falt that something broke . I had not paid attention that the screw holding the thumb latch on had come loose. Both guns were repaired within Two Weeks no questions asked. Depending on the problem I may get an estemit from a Gunsmith, it did cost me to send the gun to Taurus. If there is a next time it will depend on the problem and how much to fix it. I must addmit I had no problems with Taurus Service. I have all so orderd Grips and Side plate Screws and had no problems with ordering. ( If I spelled anything wrong it's because my wife isn't here to help me!!)

·
Registered
35 Posts
speaking of gunsmith... i've been thinking about studying up on that sort of thing. Does anyone know of a decently priced gunsmith course? Maybe DVDs, etc. or something online?

DRAEGER said:
I've never had a problem either and with the Taurus Life time warranty, I'd go for sending it to Taurus. Although I am a fully trained Gunsmith :)

·
Administrator
17,595 Posts
As I do some Gunsmithing, For myself it would depend upon what the problem is. If it's just a matter of replacing a few parts or fitting, I'll fix it myself. If it's more complicated, very labor intensive, or involves refinishing, I'll send it back to Taurus.

I prefer to do my own Customizing.

·
32,481 Posts
LedJedi, try www.americangunsmith.com. They do have a Taurus video. The price should be well worth the knowledge for the most part. Not sure how many of the newer models are in it . Contacting them would tell you that.

·
Registered
498 Posts
On my first Taurus (model 85 UltraLite alum/alloy) I had a problem with the revolver timing. I took it to my former partner/gunsmith who fixed it and I had it back the following day. I've since learned about the warranty, and if I ever have a problem with my new revolver (model 617, .357 stainless) I'll probably send it to Taurus to preserve the warranty.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts