Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Detroit News -

A 15-year-old boy was at the center of a Wayne County courtroom drama yesterday when he challenged a court ruling over who should have custody of him. The boy has a history of being beaten by his parents and the judge initially awarded custody to his aunt, in keeping with child custody law and regulation requiring that family unity be maintained to the highest degree possible. The boy surprised the court when he proclaimed that his aunt beat him more than his parents and he adamantly refused to live with her. When the judge then suggested that he live with his grandparents, the boy cried and said that they also beat him.

After considering the remainder of the immediate family and learning that domestic violence was apparently a way of life among them, the judge took the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to propose who should have custody of him. After two recesses to check legal references and confer with the child welfare officials, the judge granted temporary custody to the Detroit Lions, whom the boy firmly believes are not capable of beating anyone.

·
Registered
24,601 Posts
That is just cruel. Now my feelings are hurt.

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Sad to say this, but you could add the Arizona Cardinals to that list.
At least they are not as bad as the Miami Dolphins.

·
Registered
17,062 Posts
OK............after reading that I do not want to hear anyone say anything
derogatory about any of my jokes, memes, short stories, puns,
ponderings or even if I think of something funny.
After that you have no reason to complain.
CWB out-groaned me, it's no contest.
A new champion is crowned.
It's nice to have the pressure off me.

·
Registered
6,456 Posts
Hope they don't win a couple of games and get cocky like Cleveland did.

browns we want bama.JPG

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
The Detroit News -

A 15-year-old boy was at the center of a Wayne County courtroom drama yesterday when he challenged a court ruling over who should have custody of him. The boy has a history of being beaten by his parents and the judge initially awarded custody to his aunt, in keeping with child custody law and regulation requiring that family unity be maintained to the highest degree possible. The boy surprised the court when he proclaimed that his aunt beat him more than his parents and he adamantly refused to live with her. When the judge then suggested that he live with his grandparents, the boy cried and said that they also beat him.

After considering the remainder of the immediate family and learning that domestic violence was apparently a way of life among them, the judge took the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to propose who should have custody of him. After two recesses to check legal references and confer with the child welfare officials, the judge granted temporary custody to the Detroit Lions, whom the boy firmly believes are not capable of beating anyone.
SuperLike.jpg

·
Super Moderator
36,034 Posts
Slightly off topic, but the Cubs have changed their ways and refuse to beat anyone anymore.

·
Registered
14,794 Posts
Slightly off topic, but the Cubs have changed their ways and refuse to beat anyone anymore.
Once a century is just the right amount of excitement for them.

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
The Detroit News -

The Chiefs will be testing that hypothesis this Sunday.

·
Registered
17,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
The Chiefs will be testing that hypothesis this Sunday.
Since I live about an hour drive out of KC, I am almost forced to follow the Chiefs so I know what the guys at the country club are talking about. Not so much the Royals baseball team. I can't remember the last time I watched sports on TV, even golf.

I'm too much of an old school Dallas Cowboy / Denver Bronco fan...which is a strange combination. Lived in Denver when they were the perennial cellar dwellers in the early 1960s and was in the Navy at the same time as Roger Staubach. (Always thought when Dallas drafted Staubach if was the most brilliant move in pro football history). Head to head, I'm for the Cowboys though.

I know the first time I saw the KC quarterback, I thought they had recruited some high school kid.

·
Registered
17,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ricky......you don't get off the hook that easy! You got a history.��
A looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong history.:D

·
Supporting Moderator
5,350 Posts
Good joke!
As a Lions fan I can appreciate the humor, tomorrow will be telling....................
Don't be surprised if the Lions win!..................

1 - 14 of 14 Posts