Taurus Firearm Forum banner

to all pt1911 scoffers

4K views 24 replies 16 participants last post by  Czechbikr 
#1 ·
just wanted to say how much I love mine. 10000 rounds down the spout with no issues other than a barrel change at 5000 rounds.

#3 ·
I'm some where between 1 and 200 rounds on mine I've been to the range shooting test rounds in it that I made over the cold months and so far it likes all I feed it. Yesterday I tried Bullseye, and WST,RED DOT two tenths of a grain more than the last trip very good results with each load I'm impressed by how well each of the tests grouped the pistol shoots great I love it

#5 ·
glad for ya!
you had to change a barrel at 5 K rounds???
MY GOD. I have a lot of Barrels to order if that's par for the 1911.

#6 ·
What barrel did you put in, and if it wasn't Taurus, did you have to fit it or was it drop-in?

Welcome to the forum !

#7 ·
Welcome to the forum, I'm pretty happy with my PT-1911.

#9 ·
I'm between 7 and 8 thousand rounds, and still all stock, with the exception of grips. My PT1911 is 11 years old. Stainless Steel model.

Welcome to TaurusArmed.net!

#10 · (Edited)

​Welcome to the Forum from Gulf Coast Florida!

My PT1911 is probably tied with my PT92 and my PT58 for second place in my heart.
(They all come right after my Bersa T380 and just ahead of my Kimber Micro 9...)

#12 · (Edited)
Firearm Gun Trigger Starting pistol Gun accessory
Welcome from Northern Illinois and another happy PT 1911 SS owner/operator. Probably 8,000 rounds and still the main components. It's got a single sided safety, extended slide release, S & A Magwell and Caspian full length grips.

#15 ·
Seems that I read that he was retiring last year.

#17 ·
I came in here just to say I have never scoffed at a 1911.
Not even the one I carried while in the Army.
The one that rattled because it had 12 billion rounds through it and was 15 years old
and passed on through several soldiers, drug through mud and dirt and water.
After all of that it never failed. Not once.
It still rattled though..........

#18 ·
Just two words here about the rattle!
Duct Tape--- Super Glue--- OK, OK four words then!!

Reactions: william
#20 ·
9MM or 45 acp?
the 45/ 38 Super barrel doesn't really have a ramp per say!
anyway not a lot to support your mentioning of the PT1911 and no problems really.
I mean if its a 45 then it kind of shows that as the frame ramp didn't wear but the barrel did then it would seem likely that the barrel was manufactured from inferior metal?
if the case of the 9 MM well that's the same I would assume.
anyway, not picking on you but this doesn't speak highly of the quality to me, I will say the repair time line was good however.
I have had a 50% good rate on my four PT1911, two were very good right out of the box, the other two had to go for a Miami vacation almost right out of the box.
Many others here have had a lot better experience with taurus than I have.

Reactions: oso
#22 ·
I've shot around 2,000 rds thru my Taurus 1911. The only trouble was at the first 50 rds. After smoothing the throat a little, no problems.

Attachments

Reactions: texastaurusguy
#23 ·
I haven't really kept count on any of my PT1911?
I would guess that the 38 Super has the most rounds through it and likely in the 4-5000 mark.
unless a weapon is really showing outstanding reliability I seldom keep an actual round count.
I keep a approximate round count when I first buy a gun up to about 500 rounds, then I really don't keep up with them.

Reactions: william
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.