Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,717 Posts
What is the advantage of it? I doubt my lead bullets are ever going to seriously erode the bore on any of my handguns. Does it make cleaning easier? Reduce the friction on the bullet? I read the wikipedia explanation but am not sure of the advantage gained by coating a barrel. (Unless you are auditioning for a remake of Goldfinger or member)

·
Registered
6,717 Posts
Makes it easier to clean and adds an extra layer of protection. Plus I thought it looked kinda cool lol.
All you need is some feathers for your hatband and some fur and you can be the coolest pimp in the hood:D

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
I like the looks. Perhaps a slide should be next.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
It is a very nice finish. I am building a tricked out Glock 22 and this coating is preferred by Lone Wolf on their custom guns. I am having one of their custom machined slides as well as a few of their smaller custom parts plated. As usual, I will share it with y'all when the project is done!

Don

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Now that I've had a chance to look at it with the barrel installed I'm probably going to leave the slide as is.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
TiN hardens a little over time. It can also tarnish. But its hard as nails. Seems a good choice for coating, if it doesnt begin to chip or flake w/ wear.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
if it gets dropped, it would prob chip. unless the thickness is great enough, and i dont see that possible in the tight tolerances in handguns.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
It works on drills and motorcycle forks.
If you don't mind me asking, how much does that cost?

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
Cool looking barrel.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts