Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just placed my first order with them and am anxious to see how it goes. The one thing I really needed was the small shell feeder kit for my Pro 1000. When I bought it used it was set up for 38/357 and the shell feeder for those doesn't work with the 9mm/380. Also ordered a collator and a few small replacement parts for the press.

Titan also has a new showroom that recently opened up but I'm afraid to go up there as I know I would spend way too much and get horrible ideas. They are only about 1.25hrs. away and the drive there isn't awful. It was also cheaper than trying to buy this stuff on fleabay.

Reactions: MoMan

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They pretty much look equivalent to FS Reloading. I've used FS many times.
Very much the same. Competitive in price also. Titan is also just down the road from Lee Precision.
Even though I have to pay sales tax on online orders the shipping was only $7.00 and it should be here tomorrow. I cannot drive up to their shop and back for $7.00

·
Registered
511 Posts
I use Titan a lot. I like the fact that I can also buy brass and bullets at the same time. They also make a baffle and a drum tightener from a 3D printer that work very well with Lee Powder measures.

·
Registered
4,960 Posts
I have bought a lot of lee stuff and Mec from titan. Now they are carrying Dillon stuff

Reactions: kmw1954

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just received email that order has been shipped, with a tracking #.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Just placed my first order with them and am anxious to see how it goes. The one thing I really needed was the small shell feeder kit for my Pro 1000. When I bought it used it was set up for 38/357 and the shell feeder for those doesn't work with the 9mm/380. Also ordered a collator and a few small replacement parts for the press.

Titan also has a new showroom that recently opened up but I'm afraid to go up there as I know I would spend way too much and get horrible ideas. They are only about 1.25hrs. away and the drive there isn't awful. It was also cheaper than trying to buy this stuff on fleabay.
How is that Pro 1000 working for you? I've read a lot of chatter about how tempermental they can be.

I was looking at one at a used one at my LGS priced at $59. Looked like all it needed were the clear shell tubes and the tray for the primer feeder and it would be complete.

I was thinking it might be worth having for cranking out some bulk 9mm, 38, and 357 with a couple of spare tool heads....

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How is that Pro 1000 working for you? I've read a lot of chatter about how tempermental they can be.....
I have no complaints at all. I purchased mine used also. It was set up for 38/357 and was missing the shell tubes and the primer tray cover. Everything else was in great condition and looked barely used. I did a lot of reading and watching videos, also like you I asked a lot of questions. I had no delusions as to what I was getting but it fit my needs and the price was unbeatable. I couldn't find a turret or single stage with dies and powder measure

As for the press I use it as it was designed with all 3 stations including priming on it. The 2 biggest things to remember about this press if you want to prime on it is to keep it clean and mount it on a bench that will not move. The primers sit on a flat anvil and there is no spring and cup to hold them in place so if the press is moving or flexing you will have problems. I have just finished loading 1500 primers on this press w/o one crushed or flipped. I have to say that as of now this press has performed much better than I ever expected with all the bad stories I've been told. It will not be leaving my bench any time soon.

BC605 if you'd like PM me and we can chat about this press and I will try my best to answer any questions. It really isn't all that bad of a press if all you are going to load are pistol calibers.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I checked them out earlier today because of your thread. I ended up ordering a few items. One of the items was the Lee mounting system (for multiple presses), they had the best price of anyone, even with the shipping it made sense. I bookmarked the site. Thanks for the heads up on what I am hoping becomes a really good source for my Lee needs.

I have also had good luck with FS Reloading as well, with good luck.

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
MoMan I think you will be impressed as I was. Ordered yesterday morning, shipped priority mail and I had it today. That's what I call quick! What I really like is that they also still have parts that sometimes cannot be had from Lee. There are a few more items I'm looking at but that is going to have to wait till next months budget.

Reactions: MoMan

·
Registered
46 Posts
I also live in SE Wis, and have to pay sales tax, But when I need something Lee quick I go to Titan. Sometimes, even wit ST they are cheaper than the compettion. Good people. I have been temted to drive there to look around but that would be costly.

barracudadave67

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I also live in SE Wis, and have to pay sales tax, But when I need something Lee quick I go to Titan. Sometimes, even wit ST they are cheaper than the compettion. Good people. I have been temted to drive there to look around but that would be costly.

barracudadave67
I certainly am impressed.
Dave where about are you from Echo Lake? I'm just south of you near Genoa City. Where do you go to shoot?

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am by Browns Lake, in Burlington. Sometimes I shoot at Delavan, sometimes in Strutevant, on Hw 11.

barracudadave67
Been to Delavan once. Is Sturtevant Wisconsin Sportsmans Assc.?

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
MoMan I think you will be impressed as I was. Ordered yesterday morning, shipped priority mail and I had it today. That's what I call quick! What I really like is that they also still have parts that sometimes cannot be had from Lee. There are a few more items I'm looking at but that is going to have to wait till next months budget.
Thanks for the heads up. I placed an order on Saturday for a Lee plate mounting kit for using multiple reloaders, and it arrived at my house today. That's pretty quick considering the weekend, and I'm in KY.

Reactions: kmw1954

·
Supporting SuperModerator
15,245 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I placed an order on Saturday for a Lee plate mounting kit for using multiple reloaders, and it arrived at my house today. That's pretty quick considering the weekend, and I'm in KY.
You will like that!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts