Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys. im a fairly new firearms owner and therefore woefully underskilled in the more technical aspects of firearm maintenance. however i recently inherited my grandfathers old pt25. its an awsome little thing and i highly enjoyed shooting it. however my last time out at the range i drop it and now the tip-up barrel wont stay down/closed. i was having some trouble with it before hand, (sometimes i had to press really hard to get the barrel to stay down) but after dropping it it wont stay closed/down period. "THE BARREL" can be placed in its original position (and the gun can still fire) when held down firmly, but swings back up and open when i let it go. obviously this causes concearn for safety and shooting effiencey. like i said before i enjoy this little gun and its the only one i own, any suggestions on how i can fix this annoying little problem would be highly welcomed. thanks for your time and help.

·
Premium Member
14,139 Posts
Is the spring loaded barrel release lever held snugly back towards the grip Whether the barrel is open or closed? Or is it kind of loose?

How does the lug attached to the back underside of the barrel look? How about the barrel release lever shaft inside the frame? Those parts can get rounded from closing the barrel repeatedly without moving the lever forward.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is the spring loaded barrel release lever held snugly back towards the grip Whether the barrel is open or closed? Or is it kind of loose?

How does the lug attached to the back underside of the barrel look? How about the barrel release lever shaft inside the frame? Those parts can get rounded from closing the barrel repeatedly without moving the lever forward.
the barrel release lever seems to be fine. very snug. and because the barrel swings back up when i take my hand off it, leads me to conclude that the lug/latch hook underneath the barrel isnt catching at all. is this a problem i can fix on my own???

·
Premium Member
14,139 Posts
I've never removed that particular part from my Bobcat, but I have removed everthing related to the hammer, sear, and trigger bar. I imagine if you have decent mechanical skills you will be able to figure out how to remove that lever and replace it. IF that is what the problem is.

The other option is I believe your Taurus PT25 has a lifetime warranty and would be worth sending to Taurus in Miami. You will have to pay for shipping though.

http://www.taurususa.com/contact.cfm

1 - 4 of 4 Posts