Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wrote a post (further down in this forum) about the trigger job I did on my 605 snubby revolver. Was a bit tedious, but doable. I replaced the hammer spring with a 9 lb spring and the trigger spring with a 9 lb spring. Both in a set from Wolff Gunsprings.

The kit also came with a 6.5 lb trigger return spring which I opted not to use. The 9# was all right. Last night I thought I might as well go to the 6.5# spring and go to the range today to try it out.

So I got the gun apart again, last night, all was going great. I got the springs out as per instructions and was going to put it all back when the hammer fell out. The hammer has a small pawl or hand or whatever that has a tiny, TINY little spring that fits between the pawl and the hammer. Ever try to pickup, insert and make a spring the size of a friggin' pinhead stay in place?! Trust me, you don't want to!!! :mad:

After coating everything with grease, I finally (2 hrs later!) got it to stay in place. I got all back together and then had to do about 3 fittings to make the spring (it needs a bit of modification) fit. OK, so my trigger is now slightly lighter than the 9# spring made it. Worth it? I don't know. I'll know in about an hour or two.

So anyone wanting to lighten and smooth their trigger on a small revolver (or whatever) WATCH THAT THAT LITTLE MICROSCOPIC SPRING DOESN'T GET OUT!!!!! Other than that, it seems worth the $10 I paid for parts.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Took the newly lightened 605-SS snubbie to the range. WOW! I really don't find the OEM trigger pull objectionable. But the lightened trigger is just WOW! Not night-and-day different, but lighter and a bit smoother enough that you can tell. Shooting was better, finger not so tired and I am glad I did this! After the problems I had last night with that spring, I don't think I am gonna do my other 605-B for a while! :eek: But I definitely think I will ultimately end up lightening the trigger on my other, blued (black) 605 snubbie. At least I know what to look out for.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts