Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I normally get up in the morning for prayer and meditation. Its my time to declutter my soul and hear what my day should be focused on. Lately, its been on the state of this nation. So many changes going on. So much division. So much self rightousness. So much "I". Then, I read about how people dont trust the govt or they believe the UN is going to take over. We think there are secret plans to enslave and ensare through force which starts with disarming the masses. Dont worry, I am not about to give a bible study. What I will say is that its not going to happen that way and I will use plan old common sense to explain.

We all have heard of the Japanese General say that in america, there are guns behind every blade of grass (or something like that). Well if that is true, what Army (current or in the past) can disarm us? You cant have it both ways. You can buy a billion rounds or .40 cal but youll never disarm this country. With the military shrinking, who will do the door to door search? With police being scrutinized everyday, do you think the will be able to walk into a black community and disarm it? heck no!

No, the demise of this this great nation will be the people. it wont be the welfare mothers or illegal immigrants fault. It wont be wall street or D.C. It will be the people. Right now the message is fear and blame. One of the first things you do in battle is cut the lines of communication. That is whats going on. I, as a black american will come on this sight and discuss issues on race to try and prevent the breakdown of communication. Nevertheless, once we stop talking to each other and start hating each other, the future is set in motion. Nothing is ever accomplished through hate. From there, it just takes on small incident to set everything a blaze.

Our nation is at a pivitol point. We have to decide who we want to be. I strongly beleive that once America falls, it will not be a good thing. Some in the world think life will be better but it wont. It will get really nasty. So, I ask you all to examine your heart and if there is anything not right, be willing to let it go. Speak life into this country. Find ways to make it better. Find someone to help and help them. Re-read the pledge of allegiance and make it your daily stance!

·
Registered
29,757 Posts
I do mostly agree dcc, I think that the state of the union as it is, is a result of the people.

They let the government grow both in regulatory and statute power. They let themselves be subjugated by a draconian tax code.

They did it because every time, hey it will only effect the other guy, or we have to punish those evil rich guys, but the little guy like me wont be the target. Then as the monster grew, it turned on them, they became the target as well.

In short they traded precious liberty for either perceived security or as a way to punish those they didn't like, now we are all paying the price.

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
Great post. I try to do this everyday with my children and any chance I get with others. My wife gets angry about the actions of a few and associates that with a stereotype. Eventually it turns into hate. I force her to acknowledge that people of all races, religions, incomes, etc. Disapprove of the behavior and the rest will work itself out.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So how do we get it back? My answer will always start with prayer. If I offend with that, Im sorry. After that, I think its just talking to people like we do here. Be open and honest without an agenda. Then, its helping someone. Anyone. Government has its place. But the people are the Government. Many movements, good or bad where started at the ground level.

·
Registered
29,757 Posts
So how do we get it back? My answer will always start with prayer. If I offend with that, Im sorry. After that, I think its just talking to people like we do here. Be open and honest without an agenda. Then, its helping someone. Anyone. Government has its place. But the people are the Government. Many movements, good or bad where started at the ground level.
I don't do the prayer thing, not offended, just not my thing. But I do agree with the rest. Talk to people, help others when you can, i think thats good advise in general.

I also agree, the ground level is the way to start. Thats how the progressive movement started in the late 1800's. They kept trying and trying. Thats how they passed alcohol prohibition. And may other things.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Texas aviator, I understand about prayer. I like how you responded. Its not your thing and I respect that just as you respect me. I hate when Christians try to force things down peoples throats.

I would rather focus on what we do have in common, flying, guns and this country. That is how you build. Which reminds me, if I ever hit the lottery or make millions, there is either a cessna TTX or Cirrus SR22 in my future. You are welcome along for the ride. But the way I fly, you'll find prayer pretty quickly (just kidding, lol).

·
Registered
29,757 Posts
Texas aviator, I understand about prayer. I like how you responded. Its not your thing and I respect that just as you respect me. I hate when Christians try to force things down peoples throats.

I would rather focus on what we do have in common, flying, guns and this country. That is how you build. Which reminds me, if I ever hit the lottery or make millions, there is either a cessna TTX or Cirrus SR22 in my future. You are welcome along for the ride. But the way I fly, you'll find prayer pretty quickly (just kidding, lol).
I read the part I bolded as a challenge sir! :D :D :D

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Some people believe on one thing, some people believe in another.
But I believe I'll have another beer.... :D

Beer 1.gif

·
Registered
8,620 Posts
One doesn't even have to cite religious or political differences in specifics to see the truth of the OP. It is in the very fact that we each seem to think that "We" hold the high ground on those issues and proclaim that, " If "they" would just do it "Our" way everything would be. "Right", that keeps the differences the topic of discussion rather than the similarities.

I think a lot of folks should watch the movie "Raiman" as if it were about politics. See how many times the character insists that things be the way he sees them and then ask how much we do that when the world isn't the way we see it. Look at how often we buy and commit to the phrase "K-Mart sucks" when we talk about other's views of the world, be it political, economic,religious or any place we find a difference.

I don't see the kind of acceptance of others ways today that I saw in my childhood. I grew up with Indians AND cowboys in my family,Mom's family was almost all southerners, Dad's was all "Yankees". I learned that both sides to an argument had merit. I also learned that both sides could work together to the benefit of both and yet not surrender their identity completely, just put it secondary to the identity of "American" without a hyphen.

Paranoia about the end of the Country is pushing us into separate corners and doing more to make it a self-fulfilling prophecy than any of the challenges we face ever could. We are weakening our nation ourselves more than any adversity or threat could.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
It also helps to stay away from nutter websites like DC Clothesline and Alex Jones. Those folks are nuts!

·
Registered
34,137 Posts
R E S P E C T. It all starts with respect. First and foremost you must respect yourself. To do that requires that you have beliefs, that is to say, something that works for you in a way that makes you comfortable with yourself. Whatever those beliefs are, as long a they work for you, you will have a foundation to build on as a person. Respect yourself with honor, dignity, and compassion for others regardless of how you perceive them to be. Respect all other people with the same effort and respect that you have for yourself. Agreeing with others isn't necessary in order to respect them. Respect them because they are human beings. Respect them because they are trying to live their lives, like you, the best way they know how. Respect them fore they are all your brothers and sisters within the genesis homo sapien. Part of finding respect for yourself is finding respect for others. The world has forgotten that you can indeed be respectful of others even if you disagree with them, even if you perceive them different than you, and even if their beliefs are different than your own. Agree to disagree and be respectful. The more respect you show others the more you will receive from others, and it costs you nothing, but offers you access to many things that would otherwise be unobtainable.

·
Registered
29,861 Posts
It's sad that people only count their blessings at Christmas when they look at the plight of those less fortunate. It's also sad when it takes something like 9/11 to show the world that AMERICANS will stand together as one in the time of crisis. Regardless of gender, sex, religion or ethic origin we are AMERICANS and will stand our ground together.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
It's sad that people only count their blessings at Christmas when they look at the plight of those less fortunate. It's also sad when it takes something like 9/11 to show the world that AMERICANS will stand together as one in the time of crisis. Regardless of gender, sex, religion or ethic origin we are AMERICANS and will stand our ground together.
What you say is correct. When the terrors of 9/11 happened America became one big helpful family. People from all over the country sent their emergency service personnel to help. It made me proud. If the present status doesn't change, those who are trying to destroy this country and turn it into something other than a free and democratic sovereign nation, will very likely see just how serious real Americans are about keeping this country free. As bad as the attacks were on 9/11, there will be no comparison to the battle that will take place to recover our nation.

·
Registered
19,168 Posts
I fully approve these messages.. I start everyday trying to do good things to help the people I encounter..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts