Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why oh why do I get logged out when I am typing a long reply. Its happened 3 times now and I'm starting to lose the will to live. I know I'm not a very fast typer. Help, can't risk typing anymore- I might be logged out!

·
Super Moderator
21,441 Posts
Also go back to the post and check where you were typing sometimes it saves it. A little box will appear in the lower left hand corner saying restore auto-saved content.
click on that and continue away.

Reactions: MilProGuy

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Also go back to the post and check where you were typing sometimes it saves it. A little box will appear in the lower left hand corner saying restore auto-saved content.
click on that and continue away.
Dude! I've been on the forum all this time and didn't know about this feature you just mentioned.

I learned something new today! :clap:

Reactions: btleslie

·
Super Moderator
21,441 Posts
It even works if you shut down your PC I forgot to save a post and when I went back the next day it was not there so I went to type it over and all I did was move the cursor over the blank area and this little box appeared that said restore saved content I clicked it and bam it was there. I don't know if you have to set a setting but if you see saved in the right hand corner normally after I spell check it works.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
It even works if you shut down your PC I forgot to save a post and when I went back the next day it was not there so I went to type it over and all I did was move the cursor over the blank area and this little box appeared that said restore saved content I clicked it and bam it was there. I don't know if you have to set a setting but if you see saved in the right hand corner normally after I spell check it works.

We have a spell check?

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
I have "remember me" checked and it auto logs me in everytime I come to the site.
When I'm typing a reply I see it autosave every couple of minutes.
I have not been logged out as long as I am on the site, even if I do nothing for a long time.

·
Super Moderator
21,441 Posts

·
10,379 Posts
Yep, as the others have said, try the auto save. Otherwise, if you're running Firefox there's a cool little addon called "Lazarus", which will save your text, just right click on the message box an select the "Recover Text" menu.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys I shall endevour to improve my computer literacy, sometimes I just feel like such an idiot....no smart remarks from the cheap seats please.

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
The thing that usually gets me is when I know I replied to a post (mostly on my phone) and it shows on my screen. But i'll go back to the thread a bit later and nothing even shows up that I said. Now I wait about 5 minutes to hopefully make sure it posts, but i'm sure it has cost me roughly 75-100 posts over the last 11 months.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts