Old Fart.gif

·
Registered
21,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
When my Dad was in his early 80's he ran a stop sign and was t-boned in his pickup. Thankfully no one was hurt. His response was they had plenty of time to stop and just didn't. He lost his keys for good a short time later when he was diagnosed with dementia. I had quit letting him drive if I was there a long time before that.

·
Registered
21,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My grandfather woke up in a ditch in his 3 week old Lexus SUV he was in his late '60s at the time. He still drives...

When my Dad was in his early 80's he ran a stop sign and was t-boned in his pickup. Thankfully no one was hurt. His response was they had plenty of time to stop and just didn't. He lost his keys for good a short time later when he was diagnosed with dementia. I had quit letting him drive if I was there a long time before that.

·
Registered
21,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not to mention that Chrysler is apparently building tanks these days. Is that a post Daimler purchase vehicle?

He missed a few BUT his time was good!!

Reactions: kschilk and mingaa

·
Registered
7,810 Posts
Maybe he thought he was in a pinball machine.

Reactions: Texheim

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
That is typical driving for all those northern "Blue Hair" women that move down to central and south Florida! :shocked:

·
Registered
18,827 Posts
Not to mention that Chrysler is apparently building tanks these days. Is that a post Daimler purchase vehicle?
Prob'ly a converted Tiger tank....:unsure:...maybe his monocle fogged up? At least he managed to keep all the wheels on...:mellow:...unlike some people we know. :icon_ poke:

·
Registered
9,561 Posts
Hey guys, don't you be dumpin' on kruzier! When he was riding shotgun with me in WI, he was the one who kept warning me to keep my speed down! He's a good driver - slow and careful!! Kind'a like this!

·
Registered
24,615 Posts
Gee, thanks guys. My wife does a pretty good job of keeping me under control but she lets me drive solo once in a while.

·
Registered
24,615 Posts

·
Registered
21,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
People in Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma, and Texas look out. #SfL

·
Registered
24,615 Posts
Just remember to get them damn paterollers off the the border cause I'm running the gates.

·
Registered
31,910 Posts
My daughter's grandmother-in-law is 96 and she still drives in the daytime in Levelland, a town of about 12,500, and she is still pretty sharp. I keep wondering when she will hang up her keys.

Reactions: Texheim

·
Super Moderator
40,514 Posts
That is typical driving for all those northern "Blue Hair" women that move down to central and south Florida! :shocked:
Dodging old drivers is a S Florida sport. And people wonder why car insurance in S. FL is so expensive.

Reactions: rifleshooter
1 - 20 of 38 Posts