Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
This is a shame, lets hope that we can get a new president or this may become common.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Sad - but no real suprise coming in the home state of Chicago....

·
Super Moderator
36,450 Posts
I am sending notice to all of my state legislators that if this passes into law I am voting against all incumbents, regardless of party or record. They need to get a strong message that we will not stand for our freedoms being stolen away.

Where in the hell is the NRA ?

IGOLD is coming up soon, how ironic. We need a strong presence in Springfield this year for sure.

http://igold.isra.org/

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
I guess Rom could not screw up the entire USA enough so he decided to screw up Illinois instead.
When they pass laws that punish the law abiding they are only protecting their corrupt friends.

·
Registered
29,918 Posts
When will these dumb **** learn that creating "new" gun laws has never ever stopped a crime?

Florida has some of the most liberal gun laws in the country and our violent crime rate has dropped every year since 1987 when the state's "shall issue" concealed carry law took effect.

You Illinois folks need to be on the horn to the NRA's ILA and your state's congressmen bending their ears. Grass root campaigns do work! Especially in an election year.

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
Someone should take it back to the Supreme Court that Chicago is trying to shirt their decision on the Second Amendment. This is just one more reason for a national right to carry law.

·
5,686 Posts
:mad: I've already started to make phone calls and sent emails, along with the rest of my family and friends. We are outraged by this!

·
Super Moderator
40,554 Posts
All victims of violent crimes in any state or city that restricts legal gun ownership and/or legal concealed carry should file lawsuit against that state or city. If they want to take your right to protect yourself away then they should have to foot the bill!

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Maybe Rom is using the anti-gun friendly state of Illinois as a test bed of the "limitations" that the supreme's recognized in the 2nd amendment, and hoping to spread it nationwide.

I do not see how they can require a license or registration system on a right.

I understand that our rights have limits but they are not too be regulated and dispensed at the whim of a bureaucracy.

·
Banned
3,798 Posts
"Legislative aides estimate the tax would generate between $869,000 and $1.2 million a year."

Is this what it is about or is it about guns or both?

·
Administrator
39,924 Posts
Folks in Illinois, already have to have a card from the state, and there's a fee, that gives them permission to buy firearms and ammunition. Now, if this passes, they'll need another to to keep them. Oh yeah, there'll be a fee attached to that too! And both have to be renewed at intervals.

·
22,058 Posts
More violations of the Constitution and attacks on personal Liberty.

You get what you vote for.

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Too bad we can't convince all the legal gun owners to move out of Illinois.

·
Super Moderator
40,554 Posts
Too bad we can't convince all the legal gun owners to move out of Illinois.
Maybe we should all move there and vote these idiots out of office! Then we can all move to New York next. What kind of message would that send.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts